Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just some positive thoughts and prayers going out to those who are facing this "FRANKENSTORM"....STAY SAFE AND BEST WISHES FROM NEW ZEALAND....its pretty big news right around the globe and we are getting it covered pretty heavily over here.

·
Super Moderator
21,415 Posts
Right now there are 112,000 in NH without power as we have 40-60 MPH winds and we are 300 miles north of the storm. On Mt Washington the highest wind speed so far today is 117 MPH. On the Isle of Shoals (6 miles out) they have had 75 MPH winds and the storm surge has caused some flooding in coastal towns.

Surprisingly we haven't lost power here this afternoon but did at 9:30 this morning for about 45 minutes and the generator came on and wouldn't switch over and give the power to the house. I called the generator company and they came over right away and it was a simple problem they had uncovered with the battery and charger for that type of switch. They changed it out , tested it and we are good to go. The wind is still howling and it is going to continue until about 1:00 am.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Just got off the phone with my Dad who lives on the north shore of Long Island, NY and he told me things are not good right now up there. His house is about 100 yards from the shoreline of Long Island Sound. The surf has been steadily creeping inward all day and his power has been out since this past weekend. He said the worst of the storm is expected to hit his location around 2:00am Tuesday morning.

My prayers go out to all the people who have been affected so far by this storm and those who have yet will have to endure it's fury.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks! Got power, no water in the basement and pop tarts, so all good here! :) and a loaded SP101 in case something bad comes my way

Hey all just some positive thoughts and prayers going out to those who are facing this "FRANKENSTORM"....STAY SAFE AND BEST WISHES FROM NEW ZEALAND....its pretty big news right around the globe and we are getting it covered pretty heavily over here.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Got power, no water in the basement and pop tarts, so all good here! :) and a loaded SP101 in case something bad comes my way
You take care Chez...not to many "pop tarts" and keep the mighty SP101 handy.;)

Reactions: Chez323

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Lights are flickering and the wind is getting bad here.
Loaded SR9, JIC.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Remember that when everyone is running away, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier will stay guarded. That makes me feel proud

·
Registered
168 Posts
As someone who grew up 100 yds from the gulf coast, I definitely understand the power of a hurricane. That being said, my thoughts and prayers are going out to those in the storms path.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
We made it out of NY a few hours before they closed up the airport. Lots of cancelled flights. We climbed up and over Sandy - 37000feet. Home in ME is windy now with some power loss here and there. Wife has family on long Island but not in the flood areas. Power is out there and nearby areas are flooded. They're hunkered down and probably have a month supply of food and water. I kinda enjoy storms but am glad we're down here in FL for a bit. Hoping my trees down fall though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Almost 100,000 without power in RI, 6500 in my town. We lost power for a few hours here. Lots of wind damage and some localized flooding. I was surprised when the power came back on. Last year during Irene we lost power for 5 days.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I lost power for a couple of minutes in Northern Virginia. I'm back now and the beer is still cold.

I have a loaded LC9 on me and a Beretta 92A1 hidden in the house with two extra mags for each. Just in case of civil unrest. Or looters. Or just because I wanted to load up the mags.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I lost power for a couple of minutes in Northern Virginia. I'm back now and the beer is still cold.

I have a loaded LC9 on me and a Beretta 92A1 hidden in the house with two extra mags for each. Just in case of civil unrest. Or looters. Or just because I wanted to load up the mags.
Hope you have Poptarts too. Seriously I hope everyone is okay.

·
Registered
144 Posts
just lost it here for a few minutes..... but its back on for now. Hoping it stays on...... as it's time for Monday Night Football and I only need 8.01 points to win :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts