Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was searching for some magazines on Amazon this morning and I've come to realize they do not sell (any longer) magazines. It seems to me in the past they have.

But anyways, they sell everything to carry and load them but NOT the actual magazine. I guess that's like the local beverage store carrying your 12 pack to your car but won't open one for you?

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Was searching for some magazines on Amazon this morning and I've come to realize they do not sell (any longer) magazines. It seems to me in the past they have.

But anyways, they sell everything to carry and load them but NOT the actual magazine. I guess that's like the local beverage store carrying your 12 pack to your car but won't open one for you?

Perhaps it is because of the limitations on mag capacity and ID laws that differ so much from state to state.

Even Ruger won't sell directly to customers in some states because of identification requirements.

From ShopRuger.com

Ruger cannot bill to or ship 17-round magazines to the following states and cities: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC. Illinois Cities: Aurora, Cicero, Cook County, Buffalo Grove, Dolton, Evanston, Franklin Park, Hazelcrest, Highland Park, Homewood, Melrose Park, North Chicago, Oak Park, and Skokie. If you live in any of these locations, DO NOT ORDER THIS MAGAZINE.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Despite my usually strong Amazon-fu, you're right, they don't sell either guns, except air guns, and magazines for them. Lots of other stuff, including brand decals, t-shirts and apparel, cleaning kits, parts (and I've bought a lot of different stuff from them), bags, targets, holsters, grips, quick loaders, even the occasion recoil pin and replacement front sight.

And even Ruger brand chocolate bars. Except a different Ruger brand... :)

But Amazon does not sell guns or magazines.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
How to make as much money as possible from guns while maintaining plausible deniability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts