Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m new. Purchased (04/2020) a Ruger Charger because of its heritage and it’s looks.
A lot of folks at the range always ask “what kind of gun is that?”or “I’ve never seen one before” or they just stare while I’m shooting and look away when I sense someone looking. Anyway, I need some ammo advice. I’ve put at least 1,000 round through it. Everything was working great until last trip to the range. Used Remington Yellow Jackets, jammed a lot! I’ve used other Remington ammo no problems. Yellow Jackets is all the Gun Shop had left. Please advise me on what ammo to buy and stick with forever. This is a fun little gun, but jamming is taking all the fun out of it. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
There’s plenty of Charger owners here, albeit I’m not one of them.
Greetings from the Show Me State.

·
Premium Member
13,874 Posts
Welcome from Illinois!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Greetings from Maine and welcome aboard.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,556 Posts
I love my Charger! Just avoid the blunt "truncated cone" bullet styles and you're good. Any ammo with a rounded nose should be fine. Keep the gun clean and lubed. Often if jams do occur you will see it happen with a particular magazine that is dirty.

·
Registered
16,947 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Army CW3
1,041 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.