Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swore that I would not buy any more guns as my safe is full and I am getting up there in age. Today I went out to Cabelas to get a fire pit for the patio, after getting the pit I decided to get a couple of boxes of ammo. Well naturally I had to pass by all these guns and i saw this little black carbine. Thinking to my self I have one each in 9mm, 357/38, 40 and 44 mag; why not get one in 45, now I am the proud owner of an ugly High Point. My safe runneth over, and I have a carbine for each of my handguns.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Yea, your bad. I wished I had that problem. Congrats on the new gun. Of course, we need pics. and a range report, ok?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
1....2....3. I stopped at 3 for the year hahahah. But really looking into at least one more before the year is over.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It's nice to have a pistol and a carbine or rifle that share the same ammo. My 'cowboy' combo is a Uberti 1890 Outlaw, and a Navy Arms brass frame Henry rifle that are chambered in .44-40. One of these days I'll have to jump in and get a 21st century combo...I'm thinking of an FN Five seveN and the FN PS90. Pricey, but it sounds like a fun duo...

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
This is what I've bought in the last year.

Vintage 1966 10/22
Fingergroove Sporter 10/22
Stainless Steel 10/22
Canadian Centenial 10/22
Charger 10/22
SR22
Ruger Vaguero 5 1/2" 357/38
Henry Mare's Leg in 22
Henry Frontier 22
Vintage Winchester 94 circa 1919
Canadian Centenial Winchester 94
Winchester 61 circa 1951
Rossi Mare's Leg
Rossi 92 Carbine

Might have forgotten a couple.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I need a bigger safe! :eek:

Either that or rearrange the shelves. It's only got one usable rifle rack and rifles with optics take up room. It's only good for 4 long guns and I've got ...

AR-15
M1A
SCAR 17S
Remington 700
Mossberg Tactical 500

I should probably leave the shotgun out, since I could use it for HD. It's also got to share with 16 pistols. :eek:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need a bigger safe! :eek:

Either that or rearrange the shelves. It's only got one usable rifle rack and rifles with optics take up room. It's only good for 4 long guns and I've got ...
. :eek:

Right now two of the shelves are taken up with wife's stuff, thinking about getting her a small safe, then I can rearrange and have more room for my stuff.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am retired, now and can tell you from experience that my 401K was the worst investment that I have ever made. I was beaten to death until I paid the tax, pulled out all but 30 cents from the account and bought CD's that I manage myself. That 30 cents left in the 401K is now 3 cents!

The best investments that I've ever made were in my education, my home and in firearms. If you buy quality firearms, maintain them well and hang onto them, you'll never lose money.

Flash

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,385 Posts
Hi! My name is LimaCharlie and I am a gun and ammo accumulator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I swore that I would not buy any more guns as my safe is full and I am getting up there in age. Today I went out to Cabelas to get a fire pit for the patio, after getting the pit I decided to get a couple of boxes of ammo. Well naturally I had to pass by all these guns and i saw this little black carbine. Thinking to my self I have one each in 9mm, 357/38, 40 and 44 mag; why not get one in 45, now I am the proud owner of an ugly High Point. My safe runneth over, and I have a carbine for each of my handguns.
Hey Airdale, The High Point customer service in their Dayton, Ohio manufacturing plant is wonderful. A shooting buddy of mine ran his High Point 9mm to death with his reloads and they replaced the barrel along with a complete upgrade on the stock and trigger. His groups at 2" out to 50 yards.

But I still prefer my Ruger PC4 for a go to carbine.. ;)

TK

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
You are going to have sooo much fun plinking with your High-Point! Enjoy!:D And its always fun to be bad!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
To borrow a quote from another member which pretty much sums up my "addiction"...

"...I'm one gun away from being happy..."

·
Registered
717 Posts
Heh, it is the same way with guitars too. Now I have added guns. I may have to take a third job.
Oh don't get me started on guitars.
I had to put bars on all the windows in our house to keep them from sneaking inside during the night.
My wife would find them safe and warm in the music room the next day.
It is not a pleasant thing to see. I am positive I have bruises now.:eek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wow! High Point firearms. Maybe I should have thought about those before I bought my Ruger Blackhawk. I could have probably 3 maybe 4 of those for the cost of the Blackhawk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts