·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I were visiting our neice and her husband yesterday. He has
a couple of Bearcats. One is a 4 digit 1950's model. The other one
is this 1970"s model. He says to me " I want you to take this home
and keep it awhile and "shoot it and tell me what you think"
Who can argue with that?(i think he wants me to buy it----right?)
Anyway here it is--

Don't know what it's worth--what should I offer him?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would be an decent offer to make on the one I pictured above?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
A lot depends on the serial numbers, condition, ect. I can barely make it out, but it looks to be one of the Alphabet Bearcats, with a L for the last "digit" in the serial number. With no box or papers, the gun is worth less. I can not tell how much finish is left either. I would suggest you contact either Flatgate or Chet15 (Chad Hiddleson) from the other forum, as they are experts in this.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gunman42782
The serial number is 90-18xxx. It lists to have been made in 1970. The blue has no wear at all
and appears never to have been carried in a holster.No rust.Very tight. The only wear is that
the finish is gon from the grips,and the red paint is gone from the medalions.No nicks or dings
anywhere. It looks like some one just fondeled it to death on the grips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I sure like them Bearcats. I bought on years ago. Mine was a 1970 vintage. I hung onto it to save for a future boy or girl. When my wife and I figured out that we were not going to have any I sold it.

I would like another in stainless if I happen to run across the right deal.

Jay

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Those Bearcats are very nice little revolvers. One of my best friends had one while we were in our early 20s that we'd take shooting sometimes. I hope he still has it. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts