Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At long last I am able to have a good living and a good job, with my retirement and pay check I have good living. I am able to buy a few guns a year and improve my reloading equipment. I no longer have to live from hand to mouth. I sure know those days and I sure don't want to go back to them either.
I live alone and that works for me, I am able to do as I want when I want to, I answer to no one but me and if I spead too much it only hurts me.
Just about the time I think I don't need another gun there comes along one that I feel I have to have lol. I am thinking about the Taurus Judge. I just think its a really good gun to have for the truck. I would like to say that I never go any place where I might have truble like that. But any more the trouble is finding us more and more each day.
I do long for the days when I was a boy and didn't have to have guns and there was never any trouble on the farm. Shoot my cousin and I had 30 dogs with us most of the time. We have my dad's dogs his dad's dog and our grand pa's dogs. Who the heck was going to mess with us.
The dad's were always getting mad that we made pets out of their huntin dogs. Well sure that is what little boys do the dogs sure didn't mind us making pets out of them. There were our indain scouts and look outs.
I am glad I lived those days, I have them with me all the time. And my idea of heaven is going back to those days walking accros those fields with those dogs with us. Not a care in the world, none at all.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Snuffy, I really enjoyed reading your post. I can really identify with it. I love the memory of my younger days, but I don't want to go back to the good old days. I bought a 30' self contained travel trailer and moved it to the part of the Ranch that I grew up one that didn't have electricity and still don't. Wife and I love staying in it and I'm in the process of ordering a Solar Power Package for it where we can have more of conveniences that we are spoiled to. Guess part of growing old is doing the things that you wanted to all the years that you worked raising a family and couldn't. :)

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
There was rough times for sure in the good old days, but I think the difference was people appreciated what they did have. Now, so many folks get everything gave to them that they expect it and do not appreciate nothing. I have made the comment before that America is the only country I am aware of that has fat "poor" people! IMHO, you can't really be poor and not know what hunger is.

By the way, I am sorry to rant and go off topic. Snuffy, I am glad that you are in a better position than before and you can relax and enjoy life a bit more.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks glad ya enjoyed it, sometimes I get these thought's in my head and sorta figure I should share them. Ya know sometimes there are folks out there that need to read a story about someone else's life. If nothing else to sorta help them easy up on what they are going through at the time. gunman your fine, actually that is what I was talking about as in my younger days we did eat good but I was really thin. We ate at home, and we all ate together. I know what you mean, yes I am glad too that I am living better. But I never want to forget what it was like, my dad use to say getting to big for your britches.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It is amazing to me that when a person reflects back in to the past ---that the good memories
just seem to flood over and comfort you. Sort of a healing balm. That's just my take on it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ill keep it short an say this , iam glad for you , a man needs peace in his life it just seems to work better that way , ill be glad when i find it in my life ;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shaner,
I never thought I would have it in my life time, but it did come true for me. One of the wises men I ever met once told me that he took all his troubles put them into a box and locked it. And then would open the box and deal with the problem when he wanted too. Of course I was over whelm at that time with troubles, I asked him how he did it. He told me do it for one minute a day, then add another minute each day.
Oh I do have my days, but most of the time I have the best life living good. And I want it for each and every one of you to have it as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
God go with you Snuffy you earned it You made me start to reminise and smiled and cried and would not change a minute[^] Thank you.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A fine post snuffy.............

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Ron and deputy and all of you really. I can remember when I first came here and my long time Army buddy has pasted away all the suport ya'll gave me to help me get over that. Wow that was really great.
I started thinking about how could I help some of you. Then I remembered how over whelmed I was and how that car salesman told me what he had gone through and how he had over come all of his problems.
He did going to tell me that in life your going to have troubles and problems and its how you learn to deal with them that determines the quality of life.
I am sure we have all heard when we were or are having troubles that slang saying sucks to be you. I always hated that, I have always thought that people who say that or think that will get theirs in the end.
I just want all of us here to have the best happest life we can have. My Army buddy was only 57 years old that was close to home as I am only 56 I sure got alot more living to do and I want to make the most of it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks jaredshs,
I never thought that I would ever live as long as I have just never really thought abut it one way or the other. But having a nice life like I have now is really something that has for me been a long time in coming. Ya never think that life will ease up on you once life seems to have to you down.
A few years back I had to give a statement at work that was against a long tme co-worker that I would have done anything for, and still would to this day. It just killed me to have to tell the truth, I mean right in to my very sole. I couldn't lie and I did go to my co-worker and told him what had happened. We shook hands and he told me he was wrong in what he said I would have thought less of ya if ya had lied. That almost killed me right there, I wanted so to lie but couldn't.
I did tell the warden if you fire him I am gone too, I didn't care at that point. After years of faithful service ya just don't turn your back on someone for saying a word.
I have no use for the major that called me at my home as she knew I was out with 4 broken ribs and a puncher lung and on high pain killers. I only say to her what I have to say and nothing more.
But my co-worker and I are stronger friends than we have ever been before. I would have thrown this good life away then and I would do it today. After all if a man has no honnor then he has no life, I will not live without honor.
Ya know as I look back on my life I think that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do,I never ever want to have to go through that again.
BTW all the ones that brought the charges against him have all been fired. Now isn't that something.
Life at times does put more on you than you can handle at times, or sems like that. One step at a time and one day at a time, sometimes ya think your not going to make it but some how we do.
Life what a wild ride it is in deed.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Snuffy,
Very well put, all I can add is I would give Him the praise.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
peace,
I whole heartly agree with you for sure pal many times I should have had something really bad happen to me and for some reason I have made it through it. I can't explain it to me there is no amount of explaining it away. I couldn't have made it, through everything I have been through had it hadn't been for God and his Angel's helping me.
Well here it has been just a month and now I have a lady in my life, never thought that was going to happen to me. I sure hope I don't have to eat these words of having a good life and all the fun that I have been having.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts