Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today our local Gander Mountain had representatives from different firearm companies with guns to not only see and hold but shoot for free. My daughter and I had a mother/daughter day and she was able to try out some for CC since she is now old enough to carry. She shot 3 different 380's and I shot 2 380's, a 9mm and a 45. It was fun. I only wish there had been a Ruger rep present that way I could have tried some that you all talk about on the forums. :)

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Well that sounds like a great way to spend some time with your daughter and a whole lotta fun. I've never been in a Gander Mtn store. I drive by one in Gainesville that I see from I-75 but there's never time to stop and check it out. Shootin' new guns for free - can't beat that!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
That is a good time! That's a great way to try out some arms and make an informed decision. Sounds like a great day! :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
How do y'all find out about this stuff ? I wanna play! :(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like a good time for both of you.
Maybe some of the other retailers could take a page from that and do the same thing. There is nothing like shooting a gun to find out if fits you and you like to shoot it.
Good job!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Today our local Gander Mountain had representatives from different firearm companies with guns to not only see and hold but shoot for free. My daughter and I had a mother/daughter day and she was able to try out some for CC since she is now old enough to carry. She shot 3 different 380's and I shot 2 380's, a 9mm and a 45. It was fun. I only wish there had been a Ruger rep present that way I could have tried some that you all talk about on the forums. :)
Just curious, did they make you pay for the ammo you shot?

·
Registered
760 Posts
What a great way to make an informed decision. I hope you get a chance to try the Ruger LCP or LC380 before you buy something. I enjoy my LCP but would like to try the LC380 sometime. Maybe the Gander Mountain here in Georgia will do the same thing. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well that sounds like a great way to spend some time with your daughter and a whole lotta fun. I've never been in a Gander Mtn store. I drive by one in Gainesville that I see from I-75 but there's never time to stop and check it out. Shootin' new guns for free - can't beat that!

Gainesville or Ocala? The one in Ocala is right next to 75

·
Registered
98 Posts
Out here in Commieforia, we have a store called Turners Outdoorsman. They have a annual event that they charge admission to, then if you want to shoot any firearms, they also change for the ammo you shoot.

Sort like paying for the privilege to step foot on a car dealer lot, then pay to test drive a car...

Not for me.

Glad you have a sensible sporting goods store that still holds events the way they should be, like a test drive and fun for the family...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts