Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like everything about this little rifle. Only problem seems to be finding one. This rifle will definately fill a void that I need filled. I want another 10/22, but need this bolt gun first. Anyone have one? What do y'all think about it?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I do not have that exact model but I do have the MKII TR and I love it. Bought it last winter. The accu-triggers are smooth and light right out of the box. Mine is at 2lb 8oz after about 700 rds. Very accurate rifle and good bolt action.
It shoots sub-sonic ammo just fine and is very quiet with it.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,083 Posts
Lead Slanger, Got one very similar. It's a Mark II BTVS .... great rifle and shoots "mouse ear" groups. Since I took this picture, I replaced the scope with a Nikko Sterling Night Eater and couldn't be happier with the combination. It came with a 6 round magazine and I added a couple more 10 rounders ...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I bought a Savage MK2-BRJ 22LR. It routinely shoots 1/2" groups at 50 yards with occasional 1/4" groups (using Wolf MT). It has a Nikon 3X9X40 Rimfire scope. It is not that accurate with cheap bulk ammo though.
I ordered mine from Dicks Sporting Goods.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I got lucky and found a gorgeous MK II Classic with a truly fine walnut stock. MK IIs are no longer offered in this version, to the best of my knowledge, so considered myself lucky to find it. My LGS owner had stored it in his back room, planning to keep it for himself for a couple of years, then decided to just sell it. I got there when he was bring it out to put on the rack. Brand new in the box for $350. I grabbed it.

Accurate gun right out of the box with an excellent trigger. First trip to the range, under half inch at 50 yards for five shots and that was with the only ammo I tested - CCI mini mags. Still need to do a lot more testing to see what it really likes.

Believe me, it is very refreshing to buy a rifle at a very reasonable price that shoots so well and, best of all, NO mods, NO aftermarket parts, NO installation videos needed, not a single one.

My MK-II with Nikon BDC 150 Rimfire scope.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone. Right on par with every other Savage owner I've talked to. I've made my mind up to go ahead and get one when I can find it. lowegan, that's one good lookin' rifle. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just discovered the same need! I've been looking for a bolt action to accompany the 10/22 and MKII on supressor adventures and I've definitely found it :)

The price just seems SO reasonable!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just discovered the same need! I've been looking for a bolt action to accompany the 10/22 and MKII on supressor adventures and I've definitely found it :)

The price just seems SO reasonable!
Sometimes I think I need to quit thinkin' so much! :)

I know what you mean. A good rifle for a good price.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Have you tried Gun Genie or Gunbroker.com? I've seen them on there sites several times recently. I love my MarkII with its Zeiss Victory 2x10 scope. From my lead sled I can hit aspirin tablets at 100 yards with it. Mine will routinely cloverleaf at 150 yards. If you listen carefully you can hear the squirrels trembling with fear whenever my Mark II comes out of its case! (lol) You will not be dissappointed! Savage=Accuracy redefined.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I recently discovered my need of a savage MK II myself.. I picked up the FVXP version, that included a 3-9X40 Bushnell scope. I replaced the scope with my Tasco 6-24X42mm varmint, but was suitably impressed with the bushnell. My wife actually asked me to swap out her leupold rifleman 3-9X40mm for the bushnell!! I looked, and the $300 leupold wasnt as nice a sight picture, darker.

Anway, back to the MK II.. My first time out with it, I tested some different ammo I happened to have with me that day.. LOVED the CCI segmented, not bad with federal blue box 36 gr hp's, it HATED the winchester wildcat 40 gr solids..lol with the fed, I put 10 rounds behind a nickel at 25 yards... DEF worth the small $....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts