Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been a fan of the GP 100. Being a fan is one thing but people are crazy about this gun. The first time I handled one I just got it. Then when I shut it for the first time I knew I will be an owner for life. I picked up the first used one I've seen in my area and it is now my baby. 4 inch, blue in 95%. Serial # 170-11***. I am now a GP 100 addict for life. Thanks Ruger.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hey BigDaddy - welcome to the forum from Florida and congratulations on your 4" GP100! That's a great revolver and you're going enjoy that for many years to come. Sounds like beauty - post a photo if you get a chance.

Wave

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome from Montana. Congrats on your new GP.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Georgia!

Congrats on your GP! I'm crazy 'bout mine too.

Glad you could jin us, ENJOY!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked up the talo edition last week , used gun , never fired $429.00
Your gunna love your new gp....

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

These are two of my favorites, I love to modify my GP's to suit my needs......people ask, "Why a DAO spurless hammer on a 6" GP100?" and I answer, "Just because!"

This is my Home Defense and my winter CC gun combo, the 6" has XS regular dot sights, and it's fast and accurate on target out to 25+ yards. I'm still getting used to the "Express sight" concept but I think that I will be able to shoot out to 100+ once I get familiar with it. The 6" barrel bumps up the .357 velocity nicely and the full lug combined with the Large Lett grips keep the muzzle flip down.

Under a sweatshirt, with my IWB holster I can make the 4" GP dissapear, and I plan to have a Meprolight front sight installed as soon as I can.

As many GP's as a I own, I still "need" more of them!

·
4E617468616E 4C656767
1,840 Posts
Greetings from central Texas, hope you enjoy the forums. Also, congratulations on your purchase of the 4" GP100. A fine, sturdy, workhorse, I've gotten tons of enjoyment out of mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome!
The GP-100 is one fine revolver-I love mine!
Right out of the box,it had a trigger that was as smooth as butter,and I have shot other GP-100s,and none have had a trigger as good as mine..lucky,I guess?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I have always been a fan of the GP 100. Being a fan is one thing but people are crazy about this gun. The first time I handled one I just got it. Then when I shut it for the first time I knew I will be an owner for life. I picked up the first used one I've seen in my area and it is now my baby. 4 inch, blue in 95%. Serial # 170-11***. I am now a GP 100 addict for life. Thanks Ruger.
Welcome to RF.net...Congrats on the GP...and for getting it! The GP100 is definitely one of my favorite revolvers! (4", SS, fixed-sight, .357 Mag!)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Welcome to the GP Fan Club!

May your new wisdom and light remain with you forever.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Congratulations! Your blue GP100 is a great revolver. If I could have ONLY one handgun, I think that would be it. Or maybe my SS one. Or maybe a 3" one. Or maybe...

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have countless thousands of rounds thru my GP100's, with no problems whatsoever !! I've had quite a few other .357's, including a few S&W's, They're gone, & My GP's are a permanent posession. Extremely well made, & superbly accurate ! They're keepers !!! I hope you will like yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Yeah, I sold my 6" Colt King Cobra because I just don't need it anymore..........my several 6" GP100's do the same job, will last longer and are just as accurate. Most of them have slicker actions, too. Yes, my Rugers can be slicker than the legendary Colt DA pull:)

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. As stated above, if I could only have 1 handgun, the GP100 would be it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts