Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I picked up a used, SS Mini 14. It's a 182 series if I remember correctly. Anyway, I took it out this afternoon and put 60 rounds of American Eagle 55gr ammo through it. It came with an umarked 40 round mag. I loaded 40 rounds in the mag, fired them and then 20 rounds and fired them. No malfunctions.

With the way gun prices have climbed lately, I thought of selling the Mini. But, after shooting it, I think it just might be a keeper.

I have a factory, 30 round mag that I picked up at a gun show just before gun stuff started selling out everywhere. I need to get some low cap factory mags...and maybe a synthetic stock...and maybe install a red dot...and...

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I love my Mini 14 tooo....:D
;)
Congrats...
:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Congrats! You might want to take it easy shooting up all your ammo, it's gold right now.
YEP...
I have not seen ANY of the cheaper TulAmmo .223 ammo ANYWHERE,
( except online)...
All Wal-Marts around here sell out within 2 hours or less of stocking shelves...

All the local small gun shops are out or only have the very high dollar stuff and are limiting it to a couple of boxes per customer...:mad:

All most the same can be said for my .308, 7.62x39mm & .30 carbine ammo as well.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Fipper, let us know how long you wait for the mags.

I ordered some from Ruger a few weeks ago on back order, had picked up some in past months on the web before all got scarce.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Congrats; like mine too...

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's definitely a rifle that grows on you! I've only had mine for a month or so, but I like it more every time I take it out shooting.

Just a great, fun little shooter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts