Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why, oh why do I continue to buy Winchester .22lr? I know better, but still. Today on the way to the range I decided I should have brought more ammo. The only .22lr at the store was some over priced Winchester Power Point. Against my better judgment, I bought a box.

Now, it should be known that I have a deep-seated dislike for Super X .22lr. It's overpriced, burns really dirty, and worst of all it has jammed in my Marlin Model 60, and worse, I have a 10/22 with over 10,000 rounds through it. It has experienced three jams. Yes, three in over 10,000 rounds. Any guesses as to what ammo jammed all three times? (Hint: starts with a "W").

So, today I shot my Henry lever gun, and guess what? The Winchester jammed. In a lever gun. This rifle shoots CCI, American Eagle, Federal Value Packs, even Remington Golden Boogers, all completely reliably, but the Winchester jammed it at least a half a dozen times out of 50.

Why don't I just never buy any more of it?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I feel your pain! Every time I shoot some Federal Auto Match I wish I would not have bought it. It is very inaccurate in all of my pistols. :(
Then weeks later I see it for sale and I end up buying another 325 round box of the Auto Match. By the time I get home with it and put in in the ammo cabinet where I keep my 22 rim fire I have buyers remorse and wish I would have just passed it up.
I was proud of myself yesterday when I visited a new Field and Stream. They had hundreds of boxes of it and at a good price and I passed it up. :)
Just say no!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Auto Match is not "match" ammo, but at least it works. I've never had it jam in anything.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I shoot WW Super X, and about everything else, and have never had a problem with it. Accurate in my guns and no dirtier than anything others. I hope when my small stash is about gone I can find some more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
263 Posts
NeonHorse - that's EXACTLY what I do with all of my cruddy ammo. It does take a while to get rid of zillions of Golden Bullets 6 shots at a time, single action! =)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Any 22LR is good by me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts