Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it, I just knew it! I was just telling my wife on Tuesday night that cyclist Lance Armstrong is coming clean to the world once and for all about his doping, telling her that someone is willing to give him a break -- a big break -- financially. Yep. A Lance Armstrong movie is now reportedly being backed by Paramount Pictures.

Sometimes folks just won't do anything unless there's a buck tied to it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Now they are saying he lied on the Oprah interview. He says he didn't dope during the 2009 Tour De France, but the authorities says he did test positive. I guess the reason why he may have lied is because he is not financially liable for anything for anything that happened before 2009.

The lies and deceit never stop pouring out of this man. :mad:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Cheater.....

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I'm not a cycling sports fan but it's disheartening when professional athletes get caught up in various misdeeds by which they cheat their sport, their fans and ultimately themselves.

Armstrong is surely a disappointment in his field and to his fans.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Lance Armstrong is Garbage Low Life!

Yeah he's the real deal does doping to get his sporting gains. Yeah he went through a bout with Cancer & I admire or did admire him for his courage shown! But he comes clean nah just enough to get a deal with Paramount Pictures.... Words well said he is a piece of garbage with some dog crap mixed in just basically a money hungry Low Life! Personally I can't stand him! But Ophra doesn't do anything for me either ! My 2 Cents Worth!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Just another doper in sport full of them.

·
Fistful of Dollars
440 Posts
I heard he's going to get sued for coming out with the truth...but you can't believe anything you here on t.v. Anymore

·
Registered
629 Posts
The only difference between Lance and the other cyclists who had a chance of winning is that he had better drugs, was more fit, and he was a American breaking up and winning at what was always a European sport.

·
Registered
80 Posts
While I understand the outrage here, have any of you really never lied? I mean really, it's easy to stand on a soapbox and criticize others. Let's not go crazy over this...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Somebody recently said all "pros", be it sports, music or acting should return all the money they made when they were using drugs.....

Wouldn't that be interesting....

·
Registered
56 Posts
One reason he doesn’t want to admit doping during the ’09 Tour is because the Statute of Limitations hasn’t expired and he could face criminal charges. It has expired for the other years.

I’ve met Lance a number of times. When he was an amateur and after he turned pro, but not since he won his first tour. When I met him he was down to earth, not at all arrogant, a nice guy. That has changed of course and he will be forever labeled a cheat. It’s a shame.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One reason he doesn’t want to admit doping during the ’09 Tour is because the Statute of Limitations hasn’t expired and he could face criminal charges. It has expired for the other years.

I’ve met Lance a number of times. When he was an amateur and after he turned pro, but not since he won his first tour. When I met him he was down to earth, not at all arrogant, a nice guy. That has changed of course and he will be forever labeled a cheat. It’s a shame.
Yeah, he'll land book and movie deals -- so he'll always have money, but he'll always be under a dark cloud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts