Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've not messed with rifles for a very long time (except my little 1948 Winchester 62A..."tribute to my first gun)....I mostly shoot indoors and rifles indoors are not very appealing except at one range that has full indoor ....100 yard facilities....so I've been looking....and looking ..... and looking.

Now I'm not going to say I'm cheap...I got some beautiful revolvers and never flinch at the right one...but a rifle...at my age...even if I handload it's still a relearning of things I did in the 50's and 60's...and I don' t like the black guns (just a personal thing...nothing snobbish)....I just like wood stocks and blued metal...so today I bought a rifle

It's a MOSIN....what the hell was I thinking? $200 including a mounted scope, a bayonet and some of the funniest looking ammo I've ever seen. A MOSIN...again, what was I doing??? I think the election scrambled my brains. So now I have a rifle to shoot if I ever want to (which I doubt) and something to remind me that mental illness runs very deep in my family.

So for all those that might be jealous...it's not for sale...I need a constant daily reminder of just how sick some folks are...pray for me.
opos:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Fine rifles, congratulations.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
LOL congrats, opos. I've heard those things are tack drivers!!!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival just don't do like some guys on other forums and start collecting the different versions of the gun...

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL congrats, opos. I've heard those things are tack drivers!!!
This thing looks like you could drive a 20 penny spike with the butt stock...man what a club...I've heard they are really pretty accurate and it looks to be ok...the bore was counter bored as many were....not from shooting problems but from misuse of the steel cleaning rod on the crown...not supposed to bother accuracy at all...might even make it better...This has a scope on it and no cheek piece on the stock, of course so I'll bet it might leave a mark if not careful...we'll see.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I hope you enjoys it!!! Give us a range report if ya can!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts