Ruger Forum banner

I had a dream

378 views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  moonpie 
#1 ·
You purists will kill me. But I had a dream the other night about this revolver

Did the best I could with photoshop.

Basically it was a vaquero birds head grip rounded back part of the frame like a SA but it was DA with a swing open cylinder and slab side square barrel. You could spin the cylinder by the extractor like you can on a S&W.

This is the weird part it was in .45acp. I do like .45acp but my favorite round is the .357. Weirder yet even in my dream it was out of my price range and the store was quickly selling out.

I know I am completely weird. But it was cool in my dream.

See less See more
#4 ·
I couldn't help but think of a dream I had a while back of an AR-15 that had a shotgun mounted underslung the barrel like the M203, and inside the rear A2 stock was a cut out for a automatic pistol, I believe was an Lcp or maybe a beretta cheetah. Think it was my mind trying to come up with a three gun setup for me in one package. Funny thing is I don't compete in 3 gun, and figure I am spending too much time at my work bench wrenching on guns.:D Weird how your mind works while your fast asleep, now If I could only hatch a plan to acquire that barrett I have been dreaming of.:D

#6 ·
Nice! I've never been much of a revolver fan, but I have always liked the looks of the Marshall style. Even though I've never shot one, I'm thinking of picking up one of these in the near future. They just look like they would be fun to shoot!

#15 ·
With the chamber so high above your grip, I would think that the muzzle flip would be extreme in .357 Mag.

#9 · (Edited)
You purists will kill me. But I had a dream the other night about this revolver

Did the best I could with photoshop.

Basically it was a vaquero birds head grip rounded back part of the frame like a SA but it was DA with a swing open cylinder and slab side square barrel. You could spin the cylinder by the extractor like you can on a S&W.

This is the weird part it was in .45acp. I do like .45acp but my favorite round is the .357. Weirder yet even in my dream it was out of my price range and the store was quickly selling out.

I know I am completely weird. But it was cool in my dream.
Maybe it was one of these you dreamt about in DA 45ACP.....Smith And Wesson 625 JM

#17 ·
That's a nice looking revolver in a cool caliber. I don't know why I get fascinated by revolvers that shoot pistol calibers. I have one of the birdshead Vaqueros chambered in 45ACP with a 3.5" barrel and it's a hoot to shoot!

Kiwi, are you restricted from owning barrels less than 4" like your Aussie neighbors?

And by the way, I copied the below from the link and post it below as a reminder that most of us here in the states enjoy a tremendous amount of freedom:
"Please Note: If you are purchasing loaded ammunition or a firearms, you must have a police permit signed off by a member of the NZ police. Please click below for the applicable form."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.