Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my java on the porch this morning and watched the visitors in my front yard. They come all thru the day for the corn chops and feed wheat I put out.

After they left I got my 357 SP101 (used but new to me) and went to my backstop and fired 50 rounds. I have a backstop and berm 50 yds from the porch. I got the SP for pocket carry and I think it will work out fine. I have been loading 18 grains of H4227 behind a 125 gr. JHP for my GP100 and S&W 686. I think I am blowing a lot of unburned powder out the muzzle. I wonder in Unique or Bulleye would work better in the 2.25 in barrel. I am finding that the SP101 357s don't recoil any harder than 38 Spl + in my son's S&W 638. I have about 9 more ounces of steel in my SP than he does in his 638.

The target practice does not seem to bother my visitors. They come back when I am done.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Nice picture. Sure is nice to have lots of wildlife around. I have target practiced at the Ranch and see Deer on the way out. They get used to it where shooting doesn't bother them.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
That's great. Good scenery, a pleasant and quiet setting, and a firing range within 50 feet! Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
304 Posts
At the Bluegrass Sportsman's League we have about a dozen different ranges for all different kinds of shooting and the property is covered in deer. Because nobody hunts on the property they don't mind the guns. I see some out there every time I go, even in the middle of the day.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I used to load 3.5 gr. Bullseye under a 148gr. HBWC inverted...good in 2-4" and accurate to about 10 yards on snakes/turtles...not much recoil...I don't hear much about Bullseye anymore...not popular, I guess...I don't even have a manual...my last one was Speer #8....I miss reloading...calming and peaceful...your woods looks relaxing...I'd still be at the coffee cup, I think...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice to have those visitors, as well as a place to shoot from the porch too.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I'd play around with Unique or maybe even Blue Dot.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Hey 15, keep those pictures coming man, they are beautiful, and the sharing is a real blessing, thank you much,
peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts