Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here were I live there is a little Mexican restaurant I like to eat at. Its really good food and not to high in price, I am known there and they pretty much know that I don't take no crap, have helped folks leave before. All of this being said, a while back I pulled in there one after noon to eat and I was getting out of my truck, and I heard someone say I am goina kick you azz. I am looking around to see who it s going to be? Not seeing anyone in particular. Well turned out it was me and he was mad guess I was in his parking spot. Sure didn't know it was his. Then I heard senro (sp) are you ok? So I turn and look there are 2 of the cooks and 3 waitress and one waiter at the door. He decided to leave guess he didn't like the odds.
Anyhow he left and I went inside and had a great meal. I am always good to them and tip well even if they get thenorder wrong most times its a new waiter or waitress and I always leave them 5 bucks. I figure they get jipped enough in life and I get the best service ever. They are just all over me trying to get everything right. I never complain if they do get the order wrong. Its only happened once and the young lady was almost in tears. I still left my standard tip and I made it a point to tell the owner that I like her service and would like for her to wait on me when ever she could.
I walk in now she has my diet coke and chips waiting on me, knows my oder down to a T, breaks her neck to get it to me. yea man I feel like a king, I know I am not but she makes me feel like one just the same.
The owner knows that I carry and just loves me being there, just this simple its my eattin place and I don't like no one messin with my eatin place.
Nice to have a place like that, I did have my 2 friends with me, and I think I can still handle myself. And if he had wanted too I was more than happy to a to help him out. I haven't seen him since, could have been having a bad day, we all do from time to time.
Its nice to have a place like that, sorta like here seems everyone one here is ready to help. And of course if you mess with one you have to deal with all.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Great story Snuffy. Most small towns has one of those special eating places. We have one here in Panama that is special to a lot of people, just like this Board, and if anyone starts something, there will be a bunch at the rescue real fast. Funny thing, don't see many Police Officers eating there, but they aren't needed to keep order, the customers and employees do that. I'm glad there are still places you can go and enjoy life.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is nice to have places like that, it is a shame that there are many folks that will never experance this.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
To have friends like that we have to be friends like that...some folks won't bother....it's well worth the effort...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I see that on the law and order tv show folks won't say or do a thing to help. I just don't think I could, I can't understand why they have that out look either.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Part scared...part don't want to spend the time...part just don't like authority...I never call 'em without letting them know I'll back them 100% in court or wherever....it's lonely out there.....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

To have friends like that we have to be friends like that.
I'm going to put a book together: The Wit and Wisdom of a Sheepdog. Brother, they could have a Quote of the Day award for this forum but they don't bother because you'd win it every day that ends in 'Y'.

Recently you had a gem, something like, 'the pinhole's still there where the badge used to be.' Good stuff.

My wife likes to read the posts I put up here, and then the comments after. She always says, 'I like that Sheepdog.' Me too.

Great story, Snuffy. Sounds like a great place. I loves me some Mexican food, too! Add nice people around you and you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So many of the places around us are just chain restaurants. Don't get me wrong, they can be good, reliable places to eat. But there are fewer and fewer of those kinds of places Snuffy describes.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ya'll,
I was sorta stuned at first as I couldn't see who he was talking too at the time. I was in the way lol. I really to this day have no idea what made him so mad, I guess he was just mad at the world. Yes they are some very nice folks that work there and I love eatting there as well.
sheepdog your right, it is lonely out there. I can remember once one of the LT's was telling me they were all behind me in my actions once while I was transporting an inmate. I had to go see the warden and of course wouldn't give in an inche. She even told me you don't give in do you! I told her no Ma'am not when I know I am right!
My answer to that Lt was ya know when I looked around that room there was only me and the warden didn't see no one else.
I learned a long time ago most of the time if your going to stand your ground your going to do it on your own. Of course this time there were plenty to stand there with me. It was a nice feeling, doesn't happen much these days. Nice to know that there are still some folks that will.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If it werent for guys like Snuffy and Sheepdog the s--t heads would be running rampant, thanks guys. That restaurant sounds like a great place.:D

·
Registered
576 Posts
snarski...you are 100% right! Thanks to you, Snuffy, sheepdog, KP97DC, ratgunner and EddieF. There are fewer family run restaurants like that. I am glad all of you are the good guys. Wish everyone was like you...would be a lot better world!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ya'll, were proud to serve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts