Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This picture was taken just down the road from my house yesterday. These are eagles that came in on a small lake for the fish. I never lose sight of where I live the beauty that it affords me. I may take the digital camera out one day and really get some pictures from around the Flathead Valley to show you all.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
What kind of eagles are they?
We have a couple of bald eagles at a favorite get away spot on a local lake. I watched one try to get a duck for dinner but the flock would beat their wings against the water and make such a fuss he never was successful.
Looks like a right purty spot you got there.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The one in the background is a bald eagle and I guess the ones in the foreground are very young eagles... but they look more like ospry to me though. It does take an eagle to reach 5 yrs old before the get the distinct white head and dark body with the white tips on the tail feathers.

I wish I would have had my digital camera with me today.... my office constantly changes with the job I do now... I start my training on Monday in the office. But after I get out of the office from training... the outdoors etc... oh man.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Here are some pics of KY (no eagles in em though).

This is Cumberland Falls.
The rest are of Green River Lake, about 20 minutes from my house.

As some of you may remember, I spent about 7 months or so out west, in Idaho and WY. Both are beautiful in their own way, but as Dorthy said in the Wizard of Oz, "there's no place like home!" Guess you got to leave home for awhile to realize that.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I was watching Bald Eagles at a lake in Missouri one day. One of them would pick a fish out of the water, head up 150' or so & drop the fish. Another Eagle would kinda' dive bomb down from above the fish-droping Eagle & grab he fish before it hit the water.[8D] Must be some kind of a game or something.:)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No, Kansas-not a game-they were scaring the ...inedible waste... out of the fish so they'd taste better!!!;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts