Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not really. Here is what he does. He knows that someday in the distant future my gun collection will become his and my grand kids inheritance. So he gives me gentle nudges for purchases. So the latest is he is thinking about possibly a SR1911 CMDR. I already have the full size, but my neighbor has the CMDR. He also say maybe the Sig 226, neighbor just happens to have one of those too. So I borrow them today and he decides the 1911 is the route he wants to take. So he turned me onto the Light weight version. While in town yesterday I stopped at the hardware/LGS and they had a light weight. Handled it a bit and I like the feel of it.
Sooooo tonight he starts again sending me info on stuff he is looking at. I think his mind is made up on the Night Watchman version of the SR1911, but he sends me a link to the Davidson's exclusive version of the Light weight model

Here is the link if the photo is too small
www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

It should be here by the end of the week ----- I hate him !!!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a NW and I like it very much. It is not perfect, I am not a fan of fixed rear sights. I contacted Novak wanting an adjustable night sight. They have two versions. The original version with white dots requires the rear sight dove tail to be recut. The new version is a single line on the bottom of the notch and uses the original dove tail. I went with the new version. While that was going, I had them put on an ambi safety. I added an old arched main spring housing. Now IMHO makes the NW perfect.

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Have you got any single Daughters?

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
My daughter has already asked me to leave my collection to her. She said " I already have a house" and her brother has no interest in firearms. Her husband just stays with his " tacticool" stuff and has no interest in walnut and blue steel guns.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gunjunkie ---sorry you are out of luck only one daughter.

I'm lucky both my son in law's and my taste overlap quite well. I am a traditionalist when it comes to walnut and blued steel. He on the other hand does like the synthetic stuff but does appreciate the traditional stuff.

I do have an alternative motive as well. My grandsons birthday is the same as John Moses Browning only 159 years later. So I do intend to have some examples of his handi work for him

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
gunjunkie ---sorry you are out of luck only one daughter.

I'm lucky both my son in law's and my taste overlap quite well. I am a traditionalist when it comes to walnut and blued steel. He on the other hand does like the synthetic stuff but does appreciate the traditional stuff.

I do have an alternative motive as well. My grandsons birthday is the same as John Moses Browning only 159 years later. So I do intend to have some examples of his handi work for him
Didn't hurt to try.

I say, you need to live a long time, then hand'em off directly to your Grandkids.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
@Edster, that was a great story! Please take it easy on him...he only wants the best for you. :D

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
My problem with my son in law is he lives in Virginia and he got a carry permit in 9 days and I live in New Jersey and I will get my carry permit in as soon as I leave New Jersey. 9 million people in New Jersey and 1200 carry permits including retired police/

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
For now your son in law needs to spend his $$$$ on his own guns. Every gun except two I have either bough or gave to my son. He doesn't appreciate squat didley in any way. Hasn't taken the time to go shooting with me either. My son in law now he's different I enjoy going to shoot with him. It's going to be interesting to see who inherits my guns. Might be my daughter, now I need her to have a boy!!!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Chuckling...wish my father in law was an enthusiast...just a bonding moment. :)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Dude! - I'm real used to fathers whose daughters have them wrapped around their little fingers and grandpas can be absolutely silly around granddaughters - but a son in law? :D

Seriously, I think it's great that you have that good a relationship with him. I've seen a few where the father doesn't even give the SIL a fighting chance. Good for you. Loved your post.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
Ditto on having a great SIL. It's a blessing.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
For now your son in law needs to spend his $$$$ on his own guns. Every gun except two I have either bough or gave to my son. He doesn't appreciate squat didley in any way. Hasn't taken the time to go shooting with me either. My son in law now he's different I enjoy going to shoot with him. It's going to be interesting to see who inherits my guns. Might be my daughter, now I need her to have a boy!!!

Maybe you'll be like Wolfie and have granddaughters who love to shoot.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,548 Posts
Vested interest :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
To things, first did you ever think about adopting a male with similar viewpoints. Second, you could shoot all your firearms until they are warn out.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well a little update. Got a shipping confirmation from Davidson's on Tuesday, gun shipped 2nd day FedEx. Meaning the gun would be at my dealer on Christmas eve. Talked with my dealer and they were going to be open until my gun arrived.
Was standing in the store with the owners, and they decided to check the tracking on my gun. "Deliver Exception business not open"
They gave FedEx a call and guess what no one was working in the office. I'm just a bit bummed and pissed.
Got home cooled off a bit and decided to write a letter to Davidson's expressing my dissatisfaction with their shipping carrier. Got an email back from the VP of Sales and they are looking into the problem. We'll see what they do to smooth over my disappointment.
So any way my dealer is taking the long weekend due to the Holiday and I won't be able to get the new gun until Monday.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well boys it showed up today. Didn't have a chance to shoot it. Too busy cleaning up and getting ready for the snow event we are suppose to have tomorrow. Actually have a Wiley Clapp GP100 on the way as well. Sold one of my XD's and the GP100 has been on my want list for a while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts