Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am one of the new guys here, And my pal wasn't a member of any gun club or anything like that. But he was in the Army with me and our main battle those days was trying stay out of Tops office. Most of the time it didn't work and we were both in there more than him it seemed like.
This is kinda long but I think he is worth it to me any way. He was levied to Germany and his wife at the time sends him divorce papers. He gets out on a hard ship discharge to care for his kids and she has found a new man and doesn't want them in her way.
This all took place in 1986, he has gone down hill ever since. He has been homeless and without food or money and was able to get in the dorm at the VA. Put in for his ss disablity, had to get a lawyer imgine that. Well he got it and got his back pay this man paid every penny back to all the loaned him money.
He was able to get him a car and a nice one too one he always wanted. Life was good for him, this pasted Saturday they found him passed out. So they took him to the infiramry and then to the hospital. I guess he got choked on a candy wrapper when he went into one of his coughing spells.
Of all things a candy wrapper, they did all the test and the only thing that is keeping him alive is the machines. At his request sometime in the next few days they will take him off the machines.
Its pretty hard to see someone you did morning PT with and had a beer or two with laying there with all those tubes coming out of him.
He was a Good NCO, he took care of his troops, always of good cheer.
His name was Mike, his real dad ran off and left him his step dad wanted until he was 18 before he adopted him so he could make his owm choice as to which last name he wanted. He was proud of his step dad and he was a darn fine troop.
Ok I am done now, guess I just needed to get it off my chest so to speak.

·
Registered
758 Posts
You have my condolences. Good friends don't come easy, and when it comes time to part it's like loosing a chunk of your life.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mike, brother.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
My sympathy. Life is hard at times. I've been there, and after you overcome the obstacles that life throws at you, it makes you a stronger person. You have my Prayers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Losing a good friend whos been down the road with you can be as tramatic as losing a family member we never have enough of them and their never around long enough. May God help both of you thru it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for you both...may God use even this bad situation for good...

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences are to you and his family.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Remember the good times with him and let the bad just slip away. Keep his memory alive and he will still be with you. Prayers go out to him and also to you in your time of trouble.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Snuffy,

My condolences and sympathy. I know the pain of loss. Yet I'm usually unable to come up with anything good to say. So all I'll say is hang in there. Remember the good times and celebrate them as you think of Mike.

Joe

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you one and all for your kind words and encouragement, really means alot.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Father God we pray that somehow your Word would reach Michael before the door to this life is shut. We pray for his salvation. We pray for his family and friends in this their time of need. We know that you are LORD and do all things well, so we praise you for interceding into our circumstances and granting us peace. Amen

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you peace and all of you. I went to see him today at the hospital and I talked him of the old times and some of the crazy stuff we use to do. The young nurse there and I talked, this Saturday they are going to unplug the machines. I think its the right thing to do. His son David and I talked I told him he was right in letting the doctor take him off of life support. Mike wouldn't want to live like that. I wouldn't either, ya know he is a few years younger than me and well had more hard miles on him than I have I guess.
This will pass as time is a very good healer, and God never puts more on us than we can handle. I told Mike today thatwhen we do meet up we are noting going to be in the same place as top, I think he sorta grined a little.
I have to go back to work today, so I guess I need to get off here and try and get some sleep. I work at a prison so I have to be rock solid while there. I want to tell each and everyone of you your all super good to me. And I can be the rock at work what was it we use to sing oh yes rock steady. Yep we are ( you and me ) rock steady.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Snuffy, there're some real good men here...good friends and true...you'll find some comfort in the sharing here with guys of like mind...and you'll be a comfort to David in the days ahead... we're here for you and praying for the Rock to comfort you through this storm...Semper Fi...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Snuffy, I am truly sorry for what you are enduring. Yes it is hard to face, but if I get your meaning, it is a win win for him. I once heard of a mom, who knew her son was going to die, her little Tommy knew he was going to die to. He looked at his mom and said, "Mommy I'm scared to die" his mom looked back and said... You know Tommy for the first 9 months of your life, you were inside of me, where it was all nice and warm and secure. After you were born, sure you came out crying into an unsecure world, but after a while you got used to it. Now Tommy, would you like to be back inside of me she asked. Tommy said no, I really like it out here, thats why I don't wanna die.

Well Tommy's mom said, well thats alot like heavens gonna be. We have only read of its beauty and what it affords us, but we face the unknown... And Tommy when you get up there, your not gonna want to come back down here.... just be there waiting for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.