Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit that I have been a Ruger fan for many years. My dad brought me up right I think. He had Rugers most of his adult life and he is 80 now. I have had a 10/22 and a Super Single Six since I was a young teen, I am 55 now. I have loved all the Ruger single actions and have more of them then anything else. I competed for years at Cowboy Action Shooting and shot Blackhawks and Vaqueros for probably 10,000 shots or more and I still love the feel of those guns.

After 40+ years of shooting single actions I feel onto this GP-100. I saw it used in a local gun shop and it was calling my name. As I understand it, Ruger doesn't make them anymore. It is a 5 shot .44 Special. These are a dandy packing pistol. The balance is superb, the weight is not too heavy and not too light. I think it is a great configuration for the caliber. I had a Bowen Rough Country rear sight that I liked better for this gun then the factory adjustable sight. I purchased the grips after some good tip from the guys in the Double Action section of the forum. I did a polish job on the interior parts and added a Wilson Combat set of springs. The action is now smooth as butter and the trigger in either mode is fantastic.

Now I need some good leather to carry it in.

Jayman

·
Registered
350 Posts
Love the GP-100 in .44 Spl., but my taste runs to a bit longer barrel.

Ruger GP 100 .44 Spl. B.jpg

I carry this one in a Triple K cross-draw, but it's a bit larger than yours. Next to the .41 mag., the .44 Spl. has been a long time favorite and companion. One or the other is ALWAYS with me when I'm out and about in the field.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have to admit that I have been a Ruger fan for many years. My dad brought me up right I think. He had Rugers most of his adult life and he is 80 now. I have had a 10/22 and a Super Single Six since I was a young teen, I am 55 now. I have loved all the Ruger single actions and have more of them then anything else. I competed for years at Cowboy Action Shooting and shot Blackhawks and Vaqueros for probably 10,000 shots or more and I still love the feel of those guns.

After 40+ years of shooting single actions I feel onto this GP-100. I saw it used in a local gun shop and it was calling my name. As I understand it, Ruger doesn't make them anymore. It is a 5 shot .44 Special. These are a dandy packing pistol. The balance is superb, the weight is not too heavy and not too light. I think it is a great configuration for the caliber. I had a Bowen Rough Country rear sight that I liked better for this gun then the factory adjustable sight. I purchased the grips after some good tip from the guys in the Double Action section of the forum. I did a polish job on the interior parts and added a Wilson Combat set of springs. The action is now smooth as butter and the trigger in either mode is fantastic.

Now I need some good leather to carry it in.

Jayman

View attachment 152115

·
Premium Member
14,670 Posts
Lovely revolvers! Once the DA bug bites.....get ready for a few more!

·
One Star
10,281 Posts
Sweet looking revolver.

·
Exchequer
4,750 Posts
That's a purty one. I can see why you listened to the siren song of the Geep.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Double Action and Unfluted Cylinder with the SS bling-bling . It's an Addiction that's Uncontrollable .. Nice Indeed now Don't Stop there Try the other flavors as well . (y)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Love the GP-100 in .44 Spl., but my taste runs to a bit longer barrel.

View attachment 152133

I carry this one in a Triple K cross-draw, but it's a bit larger than yours. Next to the .41 mag., the .44 Spl. has been a long time favorite and companion. One or the other is ALWAYS with me when I'm out and about in the field.

WYT-P
Skyhunter
SEEK HELP IMMEDIATLY! Oh, well...it may already be too late. (y)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a stainless 178 frame 3" 44. It's the big bore plinker I always wanted. Point, shoot, hit. It and it's older 357 brother are my favorite paper punchers, and one or the other is my nightstand piece.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ok .... Might as well play along myself

SRH 44Mag with 9.5in Barrel ... She's A Keeper

Along with his little brother GP100 Unfluted Cylinder 6in Barrel 357Mag

1 - 18 of 18 Posts