Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have sinned, I went down to my gun shop today to see about picking up an LCP for summer time carry. I know a .380 isn't exactly a champion in the self-defense realm, but when I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt it's better than not having a gun with me. Anyway, the news on the LCP was not good. They are so back ordered, they didn't think they could deliver until July or possibly August! Sooooo..... I told my friendly armorer/knowledgeable sales dude what I was looking for and after about an hour and a half of looking at different options, I decided on a used Sig Sauer P 230. It's a little .380, not as small as the LCP, but small enough. I will use this until the LCP's are available and then either trade it on the LCP or keep it AND get the LCP. Anyway, I needed to confess my sin.
Does anyone have any experience with the P 230? Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated!

-Hammer

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hammer, I've had a P230 for about 13 year, or better. It is a fantastic, accurate little gun. The only thing I don't like about it is the European mag release....other than that, it is a great gun.....very reliable, just like a Sig should be.....:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I bought a used P230SL (Stainless) about a year ago. I love it.
Like Wizard said, it's accurate. I don't like the mag release either, but I only have 1 mag, so no big deal. Just a fun pistol to shoot and fine for SD
with right ammo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You make the decisions, you pay your money, there is no sin.

Keep the P230 and add the LCP later, you can write a firsthand comparison for us. :D

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,482 Posts
hammer, Go outside ... face WSW (Prescott, AZ), say 10 Hail Rugers and you will be forgiven. I find myself doing this about every other gun I buy.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
what don't tell ruger missed the boat again please tell me its not so.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iowegan, Thanks! I feel much better now. I did as you said, then I went and threw a hundred rounds down range with my GP 100. I think the Ruger gods have forgiven me. ;-)

I was beginning to think that nobody "got it" with my joke about "I have sinned".

I hope Ruger clears the backlog on the LCP soon.

-Hammer

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hammer, when you get the LCP, let me know what you want for the P230.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thunderjohn, I still haven't been able to shoot it yet, last week when I went to the range, I hadn't had time to clean it yet, so I didn't bring it along. Then this morning, Me and my shiney p230 showed up at the range to find a big "Range Closed" sign. Apparently they sent out an email about working on the berms we use as back stops this week and I missed it. So, once I get a chance to shoot it, I will have a better idea on whether it is a keeper or not. But if I decide to sell it I will let you know.

-Hammer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts