Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used 1095 and nickel rod. I welded the nickel into the steel. Folded it 395 times quenched it went to sharpen it . It’s harder than a file. The best way to sharpen it is belt grinder. Why did it get so hard? It would wear you out using a whetstone. Any ideas? Do I bring it up to temp- then Requench

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn’t catch the typo, over is supposed to be oven.

You may find that you need to temper more than once, if you find the blade is still too hard after tempering twice, bump up to 400 degrees for an hour.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m 69 years old and don’t know how to send a picture. All my kids live in Fl.
Sorry guess I’m too stupid

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I’m 69 years old and don’t know how to send a picture. All my kids live in Fl.
Sorry guess I’m too stupid
No , you're not stupid... computers are just not in our DNA (I'm 70) , we can tune a 1967 chevy engine with a timing light and screwdriver ... the kids are totally clueless about carburators and 8 cylinder engines ... different DNA that's all !

Keep On Keeping On
I used to know how to post photo's ....but I've forgotten the song and dance that's required...ask for help , some nice member will walk you through it .
Gary

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you have a digital image already in your computer it is not hard to post it here. There is an 'icon' (third one in the fourth group of the posting 'tool bar', looks kind of like a 'scenic picture') which will let you browse through your computer to find the photo. If you are not using a computer I can't help as I am too stupid to use an ipad or smart phone.

This picture is not relevant to the subject other than testing that I could actually post it.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No , you're not stupid... computers are just not in our DNA (I'm 70) , we can tune a 1967 chevy engine with a timing light and screwdriver ... the kids are totally clueless about carburators and 8 cylinder engines ... different DNA that's all !

Keep On Keeping On
I used to know how to post photo's ....but I've forgotten the song and dance that's required...ask for help , some nice member will walk you through it .
Gary

·
Registered
4,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Until 5 years ago. I was building super modified car engines. I get about 390 hp .
Awesome !
1968 Chevelle Malibu 2 door sports coupe , 327 with 4 bbl Edlebrock ...250 HP maybe , Cherry Bomb Glass packs sound so sweet !
It's in our DNA !
Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts