+1 on the Buffalo Bore :D

·
Super Moderator
21,469 Posts
I don't think I would want to pull the trigger on that one.:p

·
Registered
245 Posts
When I read the title of this thread I thought you were talking about the T-Rex .557 or the .700 Nitro Express. Now those are real elephant guns! :D

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You have two choices for caliber - Loxodonta africana or Elephas maximus - the first is larger and used in the long barreled elephant gun produced in Africa - the second is slightly smaller and used in the shorter barreled elephant gun produced in Asia.

Very rare, if you can even find it, is the Mammuthus gun, no longer in production, was available in a number of varieties and was typically larger than either of the currently available elephant guns.

Today's elephant guns are facing severe restrictions and may face a total ban if they are not protected.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Very rare, if you can even find it, is the Mammuthus gun, no longer in production, was available in a number of varieties and was typically larger than either of the currently available elephant guns.
Don't forget about the lesser know but just as rare Mammut gun. They were in production a little longer than the Mammuthus and just as hard to find.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had one like this once but sold it due to the one problem I had with it.
The Placement of the gas port works very well for reducing recoil but it is rough on the shooter.

Bob

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I bet you bought it for peanuts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts