Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it hit a balmy 48 degrees this afternoon, and I just couldn’t help myself. When I got home from work I strapped on my leathers and started up the bike. I got about 20 miles in before I decided that was enough, and brought her back home. But man, was it nice to be back out on the bike again. I’m just glad this bike has a windshield, because my face would have frozen otherwise!

Now, I can’t wait for the first nice day, so I can polish her all back up again, and get the first 100 mile trip on her for the year.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
My battery's dead. I need to get a new one and I have to register it. It'll be another month before I drag it out of the garage.

Rubber side down, buddy! :D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
We were in the 60s today which was a nice break. I hope it lasts. Gas prices went up again though. Grrrrrrrr... I guess there had to be a cloud hovering over the silver lining somewhere.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My battery's dead. I need to get a new one and I have to register it. It'll be another month before I drag it out of the garage.

Rubber side down, buddy! :D
She ran like a top as soon as I hit the key. I love fuel injected bikes, so smoooooooth.:D

The only problem is they never sound quite right!:)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Motocycles seem to be gaining in popularity yearly especially as gas prices rise.

Question, if a man was inclined to go to the range on a bike, what method would you use to carry a long gun to the range? On the bars? Side scabbard? across the tank? strap it to the sissy bar?

In all these years, i ain't runned across a street bike carrying a long gun---yet. Folks surely do it though.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Motocycles seem to be gaining in popularity yearly especially as gas prices rise.

Question, if a man was inclined to go to the range on a bike, what method would you use to carry a long gun to the range? On the bars? Side scabbard? across the tank? strap it to the sissy bar?

In all these years, i ain't runned across a street bike carrying a long gun---yet. Folks surely do it though.

I'd strap it across my back like a sword.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'd strap it across my back like a sword.
I though of that but----always thinking the worst since i've seen a few m/c accidents, i'm afraid the risk of injury would likely increase---severely.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As fast as I drive nothing could increase the injuries. :eek:

Do they have a helmet law in NH? We do here, but I have a freind that refuses to wear one. He just pays the tickets. Surprisingly, he gets pulled over very little.

He always says that as fast as he drives the only thing that will change with him wearing a helmet will be if the casket is closed or open!:eek:

I don't know about long guns, but my pistols go to the range in my sadle bags quite often!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Do they have a helmet law in NH? We do here, but I have a freind that refuses to wear one. He just pays the tickets. Surprisingly, he gets pulled over very little.

He always says that as fast as he drives the only thing that will change with him wearing a helmet will be if the casket is closed or open!:eek:

I don't know about long guns, but my pistols go to the range in my sadle bags quite often!
No helmet law. I hate them. Your friend is right. :D The extra weight of a helmet can snap your neck in a slow speed crash. My gf owns one but doesn't wear it. I figure it's her call. Just like a seat belt. I don't wear one. She does. She respects my choice. I respect hers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts