Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i just purchased a Mini 14 for $300, can you friggn believe it????? the guy said he wanted to give me a good deal because we r co-workers. it came with a factory mag i think its a 5 round and a 20 round after market mag that he said doesnt work well. i will take it shooting tomorrow and give a range report. i cant wait to learn more about these mini's.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
WOW!! I would kill for a deal like that. CONGRATS. Way to snatch up a great deal.

BTW Pics? What configuration of Mini 14 we talking about?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the 580 model with just a walnut stock, but it looks like it never seen the light of day, i cant wait to go shooting!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Nice. I actually prefer the Mini with wood furniture.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes me too, i think i will leave this one alone, i just ordered 5oo rounds from cheaper than dirt for $110, CANT WAIT TO BLAST AWAY!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hot damn that's an unheard-of deal. I am a fan off wood as well, although I have synth. I intended to go wood at some point.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's super! Congratulations!

I like wood better, too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great deal on a good rifle, congratulations.

Kenny

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Great deal on your new Mini. Pics!!!! Where are the Pics?

One of my Minis...

·
Registered
824 Posts
its the 580 model with just a walnut stock, but it looks like it never seen the light of day, i cant wait to go shooting!
The factory stock is actually birch stained to look like walnut.... At 300 bucks, you got a sweet deal, and a great rifle...congrats...

Those kinds of deals don't come along every day...enjoy!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
congrats on a great carbine at a great price! NOW GO BUY SOME MORE MAGS! LOL

·
Registered
549 Posts
CONGRATS on your great deal, look fed to hearing how it shoots....

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Yesterday i just purchased a Mini 14 for $300, can you friggn believe it????? the guy said he wanted to give me a good deal because we r co-workers. it came with a factory mag i think its a 5 round and a 20 round after market mag that he said doesnt work well. i will take it shooting tomorrow and give a range report. i cant wait to learn more about these mini's.
In my experience, after-market mags are a gamble when it comes to the Mini-14. Some work reliably, some don't. Factory mags, on the other hand, are always your best bet. Enjoy your purchase.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts