Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And look what they left me!

-I apologise now for having to use my camera-phone [xx(]

These are all taken straight out of the box. The stock is pretty rough but I like it, you can tell it's been to war. Serial number is 2,065,XXX -October 1943 Production. I have no idea how to tell what all is original. The stock looks like it has a XP on the bottom of the hand grip, the hand grip itself has a P on it that I can clearly see. There is a matching serial on the top of the hand guards, if there's one on the butt-stock it's now illegible. I may pick up one of those fine CMP stocks to use for shooting and whatnot, just to preserve this stock in its current state.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
David the Gnome
I'll bet that rifle could really tell some stories. If it were mine I would just leave it
alone and shoot the heck outof it. Mighty nice.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I love it - a pic of the FedEx truck delivering it! That's some freakin anticipation right there!:D

Congrats on the new rifle, hope to see some pics after you get her cleaned up! Let us know how she shoots.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
That one shows some character! Have fun with the new toy.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I like it! Sitting on the front steps waiting? I would have been too. Like jaredshs said, I might clean it but shoot as it is:)
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If there's a hole in the stock under the buttplate-check it with a good light...soldiers have been known to put a message in the stock...might find out more about the history...looks like lots of fun ahead...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

If there's a hole in the stock under the buttplate-check it with a good light...soldiers have been known to put a message in the stock...might find out more about the history...looks like lots of fun ahead...
Nope, no messages. [:p]

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'll bet you were sitting at the front window waiting for the truck to arrive. What grade is that? I know they price according to what they grade them. I like it and would love to own one too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

I'll bet you were sitting at the front window waiting for the truck to arrive. What grade is that? I know they price according to what they grade them. I like it and would love to own one too.
It's field grade, I kinda wish I had ponied up for the Service grade but at the time there was a question about whether or not there would be enough Service grade available so I went with safer option. Now that they've announced there is going to be about 5 years worth of Garands I wish I'd ordered the Service. I probably will go hand pick a Garand once the north store is opened back up.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Very good piece of American History. I wouldn't change a thing. Just shoot it and enjoy it. Good luck with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts