Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went out for a 4 or 5 hour bike ride right after I washed and waxed mine.
I killed every bug within two counties. This is just not fair.:mad:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I appreciate you doing your part to help keep the rest of us safe from West Nile virus by wiping out the mosquito population. :D

I know how you feel. The house we're renting has a huge tree right next to where we park so about 50% of the time, our car is either covered bumper to bumper with yellow pollen in the spring or bird droppings the rest of the year so we hit the car wash pretty hard sometimes. :rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Know how you feel mate.
Years ago I had one like this, it was a mongrel to keep clean.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice ride Gasbag....how bout a full pic.
Here is one with a few less bugs. I rode a lot when young but sold them and went back to school.
After that I was working 50 to 60 hours a week but missed it every day. I retired 5 years ago and this is the first thing I bought.
I absolutely love motorcycles and this one is no exception.:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Here is one with a few less bugs. I rode a lot when young but sold them and went back to school.
After that I was working 50 to 60 hours a week but missed it every day. I retired 5 years ago and this is the first thing I bought.
I absolutely love motorcycles and this one is no exception.:D
Nice ride GB.
Nice colour as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll see your 35 mosquitoes and raise you two grasshoppers...LOL! Two hundred miles through the Mississippi River delta at night guarantees you the need for a wash job. :)

My bike in the foreground - mission in Arkansas in 2006 - Wesborough Baptist was there but didn't stay long. I think those 300 bikers may have intimidated them a bit...ya think? LOL

Unfortunately I don't ride any more. Truck nailed me in 2007. It took me 6 months to learn to walk again and I lost the use of my left hand....but I can still shoot and reload. Life's still good :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Q. How do you tell a happy motorcyclist?
A. Count the bugs on his teeth.

Q. What was the last thing that went through the bugs mind?
A. His a$$.

Old lame jokes from an old lame rider.

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
I used to think that my 2006 Street Glide gave me a lot of bugs to clean, until I got my Black Tri-Glide. There is a LOT more surface for bugs to land on. We went for a 120mile dinner ride friday evening and did not get home until 11:00 p. m. I think that I singlehandely took out 12,000 bugs that night. I've got work to do tomorrow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just ride in the rain and most of that will go away. (I got a free wash just this night.)

I think the last time I washed my bike was last year. Maybe the year before.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Bugs are bad enough, but a crow hitting you in the chest...that hurts.

This is one of my old bikes, man, I miss this one.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
My cousing hit a deer a couple years ago. Two months in the hospital and a year later he is riding again. His passenger wasn't hurt very bad and the bike wasn't damaged very much but he sure paid the price.

Ride safe my friends.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Rain-X on the windscreen and Pam on the painted parts make the bugs come off A LOT easier.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just one question:

Have you had the opportunity to take it through the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap?

There are some great videos on UTube to be experienced.

Sorry for the bugs........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts