Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides cave diving and guns I also enjoy working on cars. This is my 1967 Mustang fastback. It's a factory 390GT 4-speed from California that has never seen snow and very little rain. It's completely original and has been featured in several magazines and calendars. I've had it since 1986 and I'll likely ask to be buried in it:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Magnificent!!!!How do you keep it from being stolen? Now we're back to Rugers!! What a beautiful car!!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
OOOHHHHHH! That is my dream car! I love Mustangs, and I love the 66,67,68 Mustangs the best of them all! That is one outstanding looking car!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Bring it by the Coffee Shop in the morning, Cavediver-we'll promise not to drip gravy on it!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Bring it by the Coffee Shop in the morning, Cavediver-we'll promise not to drip gravy on it!
Now were're back to Rugers and my P97, that's how I keep gravy and maple syrup off my seats:D

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Dang, the only thing you put in your profile is 'Florida'. How am I to find your home and steal your car? Please update your profile with full address and the times your not home. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I was big into Mustangs when I was a lot younger man. They still put a gleam in this oldman's eye when I see a super beauty like you got there Cavediver. One of my daughters picked up my love of the Mustang. She has a 2005 fastback. Me and her take it out and shake it down now and then. You know kind of blow the carbon out, and recharge the oldmans battery.
I can see I don't have to tell you to take good care of her so Good Luck and enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
That thing is awesome! I'm a Chevy guy, but you have to love those Mustangs. Do you drive it or is it a closet queen? Something that purty just begs to be driven.
Tom

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by rman

That thing is awesome! I'm a Chevy guy, but you have to love those Mustangs. Do you drive it or is it a closet queen? Something that purty just begs to be driven.
Tom
Never ever has it been trailered in 20 years except for one time when I took it to it's new home in the garage at our house in Florida last May. It has been raced many times at races like the Muscle Car Nationals and Ford Nationals at tracks like Maple Grove Raceway and also at Beaver Springs Raceway.

It's only a car if you drive it, otherwise it is simply artwork. I don't collect art:D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
That's one great looking mustang. I'm glad to see the newer model mustangs being modeled after the ones from the late 60s/early 70s. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'm a Chevy guy too, but that's flat out awesome. That 390 is impressive. A friend had a Fairlane GT with the 390HO and four speed and I've been in it when he ran through the gears and chirped a tire in all four gears. Pulled like a freight train, and that Fairlane - I'm guessing - is heavier than your mustang. I bet she MOVES!!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Very nice. And I agree, you just gotta drive it. If it just sits there you are missing out on a lifetime experience. Wish everyone could drive a musclecar from the 60's - 70's. Especially the younger generation. Nothing else like it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was all set to buy that car's twin but when I sat in the driver's seat my legs wouldn't fit in the car. I thought about buying it anyways and building a custom seat rail and putting a smaller steering wheel in but it was all original and I didn't have the heart to ruin it. I bought a 2001 Pontiac Firehawk instead. [:p]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts