Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only firearms I own are Ruger revolvers. If anyone has dealt with Beretta customer service lately I'd like to know their experience. My brother sent his wife's Tomcat 3121 back for service about 2 months ago, he recently bought it but don't know if it was New or used. If you could list your turnaround time at Berretta I'd appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your family.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had a fair amount of Berreta shotguns. On the occasions they have needed service or repair I have had better luck with authorized service centers vs berreta. Look for 9ne that is authorized to do warranty work, they seem to have the better smiths.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hopefully your brothers situation ends sooner than later. I guess most of us have been spoiled by Ruger CS.
I have needed to deal with S&W, Walther and Keystone and none of them took remotely close to two months plus. Keystone (granddaughter's Cricket) actually had me speak with a gunsmith who walked me through a list of things I could check before I had to return the rifle for repair. Awesome!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Additional information. My brother took something apart before reading " don't take this apart" in owners manual. Still didn't get full explanation of what the original problem was. For 67years he didn't know the difference between a screwdriver and a crowbar, I think he may be mechanically inclined over confident.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm going to guess part of the issue is lack of help and to much work. Gun sales have been way up, especially to first time owners who may have clogged up the repair chain.
I just got a shotgun back that needed a repair and I had them do a tune up while it was there. Usually that takes about 2 weeks. It was in the shop for a month.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Beretta is probably top 3 for worst customer support in the industry. That said, I've had good experiences and bad experiences.

The bad: I purchased a Beretta M9A4 that I took severe issue with about a year ago. Link to thread: ( Halloween Horror Show! My Beretta M9A4 is inexcusably... )

At that time Beretta told me it was 12 weeks or more turn around and refused to even commit to a resolution, just that they'd, "look at it".

Based on that experience I probably won't ever buy a Beretta again. I own two other Berettas - a Pico and a Bobcat-21A.

I'm glad they haven't needed service. The Maryland produced Pico has been great. The Tennessee made Bobcat-21A... not so much. It's pretty finicky on ammo and the machining on it is just okay. I'm glad I purchased it more of a novelty than anything else or I'd be very, very disappointed.

The Pico was great but did have a problem with an out of spec magazine. It wasn't one that came with the gun, but I bought an extra factory mag that wouldn't chamber certain hollowpoints but my other mags would. I made a quick email and phone call to Beretta. They sent me a new magazine in a week or less and didn't even ask for the out of spec one back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts