Ruger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a reflex sight on my FN 5.7 (still waiting to get my hands on a Ruger). I'm not a big fan of Vortex Optics but they are one of the few that offer a lifetime warranty on red dots and I had a coupon. When I first looked through it it had a nice clear dot. I checked the gun for fit in my holster and when removing it I noticed my dot turned into a squiggly line! I wiped down everything, looked up and..... a nice dot. I started to work on something else and picked up the pistol on a whim and looking down, ...squiggly line! I have two other pistols with optics. One is my 9mm match gun which is a Canik TP9SFX with a Burris Fastfire3 and the other is my Sporting Match pistol which is a Ruger Mark 4 hunter with a Sig Sauer Romeo5 conventional red dot. I decided to check them out as well and found out that when you point them down the dot becomes a squiggly line on both of them as well! IMG_20200430_1709100685.7.jpg IMG_20200430_174150082ruger22.jpg
I don't know if there is a reflex or red dot sight company that doesn't happen with but if there is I'd sure like to here about it! I don't like the idea of getting into a gun fight with an optic and having to give up high ground so i can focus the pistol! co-witnessing is great as long as you can see and the firearm shoots relatively close to POA.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts