Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so....try not to judge me too harshly cuz I have already judged myself. I have a old military vet that I work with who has a pretty nice Colt collection. I once asked him why he like only Colt so much and he told me "that if I had to walk through the jungles with one on my hip then I would be fond of them too" haha so I can see his point! The sad part of my story comes from this; he offered to sell me a mint condition, still in the box, never fired military Colt M1911A1 from the 50's...and here's the kicker, he only wanted $300:eek:. I didn't know all the details on this gun and kinda brushed it off and said no thanks. Well after I had talked with him again about it I got the whole story about what he had to sell me. He had just sold it to another coworker of ours. I about crapped my pants for feeling that stupid. I will forever regret it haha. There is still a glimmer of hope though, as he has 2 more in the exact same condition, but he is hesitant that he will ever sell them. Please still be my friends?

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
I'll still be your friend but I'd be kicking myself too!

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
man! bummer! i'd say just gently try to entice him into parting with one of them and maybe even sweeten the pot a tad....

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You're forgiven.... But ouch. That had to hurt.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You will never be forgiven! For something like this, I do believe the punishment is close to a stoning isn't it? ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm literally trying to entice him now haha I told him that I'd be the son he never had. I asked if we wanted to go through the football around and bond a bit. I'll have to keep ya'll updated. The more he learns what it's worth, the less he wants to get rid of it. But I honestly could care less if it was worth $100 or $10,000. A piece of American history like that is something to display and think about how this country used to be. Just an awesome opportunity squandered!!!! AHHHH!!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
If we were in the same room, I'd be kicking you as well..... :eek:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Okay, how could you not feel bad? All of us, though, have let one or two or three slip through our fingers. It's part of being a shooter and gun lover. There will be others that you will snag when the time comes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow. You royally screwed yourself, my friend. If you're fortunate enough to get another chance you owe it to ALL of us to jump all over it. And post HQ pics. Lots of 'em.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Okay, how could you not feel bad? All of us, though, have let one or two or three slip through our fingers. It's part of being a shooter and gun lover. There will be others that you will snag when the time comes.
Exactly. Next week a WWII one will show up. But listen, don't be stupid twice in the same week. :D

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Ouch dude...that hurts more than a kick in the groin with a steel toed boot. I think your regret and self ass-kicking is punishment enough...and not having it in your hand right now too. :p

·
Registered
947 Posts
About 30 years ago, a guy I knew was selling a collection of guns that belonged to his father that has recently passed away. He gave me first shot at them. I bought 3 guns off him, but he also had a weird looking, but mint single shot pistol in a wood case for 300 bucks that interested me. I didn't have enough cash to grab it, but I took down the info from the gun because I wasn't too familiar with it. I found out the next morning that it was an original Remington 1866 Navy rolling block pistol in .50 rimfire. I immediately called him, and he had sold it to a gun shop for $250. To this day I still kick myself in the ass for letting it slide.....:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts