Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so....try not to judge me too harshly cuz I have already judged myself. I have a old military vet that I work with who has a pretty nice Colt collection. I once asked him why he like only Colt so much and he told me "that if I had to walk through the jungles with one on my hip then I would be fond of them too" haha so I can see his point! The sad part of my story comes from this; he offered to sell me a mint condition, still in the box, never fired military Colt M1911A1 from the 50's...and here's the kicker, he only wanted $300:eek:. I didn't know all the details on this gun and kinda brushed it off and said no thanks. Well after I had talked with him again about it I got the whole story about what he had to sell me. He had just sold it to another coworker of ours. I about crapped my pants for feeling that stupid. I will forever regret it haha. There is still a glimmer of hope though, as he has 2 more in the exact same condition, but he is hesitant that he will ever sell them. Please still be my friends?

· Registered
5,349 Posts
man! bummer! i'd say just gently try to entice him into parting with one of them and maybe even sweeten the pot a tad....

· Registered
2,593 Posts
You're forgiven.... But ouch. That had to hurt.

· Registered
403 Posts
that was a c r a z y good deal, and i thought my brand new mini 14 for $300 was a good deal.

· Registered
872 Posts
You will never be forgiven! For something like this, I do believe the punishment is close to a stoning isn't it? ;)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm literally trying to entice him now haha I told him that I'd be the son he never had. I asked if we wanted to go through the football around and bond a bit. I'll have to keep ya'll updated. The more he learns what it's worth, the less he wants to get rid of it. But I honestly could care less if it was worth $100 or $10,000. A piece of American history like that is something to display and think about how this country used to be. Just an awesome opportunity squandered!!!! AHHHH!!!!

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
If we were in the same room, I'd be kicking you as well..... :eek:

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Ouch dude...that hurts more than a kick in the groin with a steel toed boot. I think your regret and self ass-kicking is punishment enough...and not having it in your hand right now too. :p

· Registered
947 Posts
About 30 years ago, a guy I knew was selling a collection of guns that belonged to his father that has recently passed away. He gave me first shot at them. I bought 3 guns off him, but he also had a weird looking, but mint single shot pistol in a wood case for 300 bucks that interested me. I didn't have enough cash to grab it, but I took down the info from the gun because I wasn't too familiar with it. I found out the next morning that it was an original Remington 1866 Navy rolling block pistol in .50 rimfire. I immediately called him, and he had sold it to a gun shop for $250. To this day I still kick myself in the ass for letting it slide.....:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.