Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum's membership isn't very large yet, but it seems to be growing nicely. It is quite apparent to me why it is growning. I used to spend a lot of time on a similar forum, but got pretty disillusioned. I just slipped over there a few minutes ago and found the same old people jumping all over someone else who has a differing opinion in guns, politics, you name it. You can tell how a thread is going to come out just by reading the title. There are a lot of good people there, but like everything else, a few bad apples spoil the barrel.

I realize we don't all agree from time-to-time, but the whole atmosphere here is different. I wouldn't waste my time if I was constantly inflamed by what I read here. I don't understand why some people enjoy controversy and name-calling. I know freedom of speech is important, but respect and courtesy are too.

You guys are doing a terrific job of managing this forum. Keep up the good work!

Tom

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Hope you aint talking about me (Tim Perkins) over on the other forum! I honestly try my best not to bad mouth anyone personally. I may have got carred away a few times, but I think I was provoked into it. I sometimes get a little too passionate when I feel our gun rights are at stake (as they are indeed today!)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Hope you aint talking about me (Tim Perkins) over on the other forum! I honestly try my best not to bad mouth anyone personally. I may have got carred away a few times, but I think I was provoked into it. I sometimes get a little too passionate when I feel our gun rights are at stake (as they are indeed today!)
No, I sure wasn't talking about you. I have a great deal of respect for you and your opinions. We all get a little passionate at times about the things we believe in, but I've never seen you be hateful and venomous like some are. I've also never seen you get in a heated discussion about something that doesn't even concern you or that you know nothing about. I know you spend time there and probably know who some of the 'usuals' are. For example, the guys who don't even own a Ruger semi-auto, but are authorities on 'why they are such a worthless piece of junk". I certainly have strong political opinions, but I don't argue them on line because I know I will never change anyone's mind. That's why I am so thankful that we all have the right to vote.
Tom

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
The incidents you refer to on the "other" forums are exactly why I stepped up to moderate here... but, to be honest, we haven't had the "problems" yet... But you can rest assured, they will be dealt with in a timely and professional manner. Rick

·
Registered
333 Posts
I too like this Forum a great deal, dont have to get into arguements about types of guns and such. The people here are great, and I respect all of you! Its an all in all great environment. The "other" site has a great deal of arguments name caling and threats on a regular basis, which never happens here and dont think it will! Now I know I have seen rman looking through my window trying to see if my safe is open, cause he cant stay away from SS, thats about the only problem I have had lol! Just teasin ya buddy!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

That might apply to me also. I have a verrrry short fuze when it comes to some things. I really don't like arguing but if I'm prodded and I am debating a just cause you can bet your patootie I'll let it be known. And some people deserve to be called names.

I don't like fighting, I had enough of that crap to last a lifetime. But don't get the impression I'm a wimp. I'm not. I can be like a pit bull with a soupbone if I have to be.

I have a running gun battle with a certain poster on the other R forum because on my very first post there he treated me rudely and insulted my service to my country, I don't take such issues lightly.If you want to get my hackles rankled say something bad about a vet.

Hopefully he won't show up on this forum.

Thanx for putting this forum together. Although Rugers, at least the ones I own require very little attention. Lot of customization you can do though especially on the 10-22's.

Again thanx for the forum.

Bill

·
Registered
758 Posts
Like I told one new member:

Everyone here is so laid back they almost fall over backwards!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well, I guess it's time for me to speak out-I just plain love you guys-never have I had such good times and friendship with real men even though we've never met---the spirit here is of those who don't have to prove anything to anyone-and the pettiness on other forums just wouldn't make it here-I'm proud to be here with you'all. Tim, I won't waste time talking about another forum-I'd be proud to ride with you from all I've read here---we just don't compare to them other guys...Stinger-I may get my head busted someday but I don't tolerate anyone bad-mouthing our vets-especially Nam vets-and I am louder face to face than I am in print-some things are worth taking a beating for-I'll stand up for a soldier quicker than a cop or fireman----but it's only fair to warn you Bud-don't be caught messin' with MY soupbone-I'm serious 'bout my vittles and not much for sharin'---Rman'll tell you that....First to fight and first for BREAKFAST---y'all come join us and watch some real eatin' in the Early Risers' Coffee Shop. Semper Fi also covers this Forum!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm a big fan of this forum also. The members are friendly & very helpful. The only one of you I know personally is poncaguy, & I've known him for 30 or more years. I feel a special kind of friendship with all of the members here & It makes me sorta' proud to know that there is a place like RUGERFORUM to hang out in. Keep up the good work everybody!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I like this forum just the way it is. I think we got a good bunch here. My hats off to Mr.Nettles and the Mods.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments. The reason this Board is like this is a joint effort by every member here to make it this way. It is up to each of us to keep it like this. If we keep it unique and as it is now we won't have any problem getting members. There are a lot of people that like what we offer here. Thanks Everyone!!!:D

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Thanks! For all the compliments guys. I am real proud how this forum is turning out. It's a great forum because of all of you. You guys make the community here so pleasant, my hats off to all of you.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by Aszor

Now I know I have seen rman looking through my window trying to see if my safe is open, cause he cant stay away from SS, thats about the only problem I have had lol! Just teasin ya buddy!!!!
That KP89 IS looking pretty good right now! I don't have one of them. Lucky for you, they are still making them. Right now I'm more interested in a KP94D. My friend in the other forum, ILikeRugers2 pointed me to one yesterday. We'll see what happens.
Tom

·
Registered
333 Posts
ILikeRugers2 has an impressive collection, we have discussed the possibilities of him selling one to me but were unsure of how it would work me being in Canada. Good luck with the KP94D! let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by Aszor

ILikeRugers2 has an impressive collection, we have discussed the possibilities of him selling one to me but were unsure of how it would work me being in Canada. Good luck with the KP94D! let us know how it goes.
I just closed the deal on it. I should have it at least by next Monday. Now all I need is a KP91D and and a KP89D and I would have all of them I want. (I'm going to be in the poor house if I keep this up.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts