Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.38 special/Xtreme bullets 158 LSWC hard cast .357" and TrailBoss is the cleanest and easiest load I have made so far, good accuracy as well. I love how the max charge perfectly fills the case right to where the bullet base will be on that load. I'm happy with it, no leading at all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My favorite powder for 45LC

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like it also but weigh each charge thru a single stage press, just does not meter well enough to trust it with my Dillon 550b or Hornady lnl progressive

Jim

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Meters fine here. Here is 'the' Trail Boss thread if interested : Trail Boss?

·
Banned
308 Posts
TrailBoss is my go to propellant for safely downloading big bore handgun cartridges.

Since large cases like the .45 Colt don't like tiny charges that leave too much empty volume, TraiBoss safely gives you a new dimension of lower-powered loads that have nearly full cases.

I even have TrailBoss loads worked up for .454 Casull, yielding about 1/2 the velocity and 1/4 the power of the H110/296 load.

Great for testing firearms function, training and demos.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
A buddy bought some for me to use for his reloads. The first time I looked closely at it, I thought; WTF?? Aluminum snow flakes?

But it meters very well and shoots very very cleanly. What's not to like for just plinking stuff?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like it also but weigh each charge thru a single stage press, just does not meter well enough to trust it with my Dillon 550b or Hornady lnl progressive

Jim
For those people with the Hornady LNL, use the rifle rotor to get the Trailboss to meter well. It works perfect. The pistol rotor not so much.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I use it to load 38sp and 357 mag, great powder clean burn at max load. Bought 5#'s of it when it was available glad I did just a nice powder to plink with.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I've seen more unicorns for sale than I have Trail Boss. I'd love to find some for 45 Colt.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Bonk, take a ride to Tn everyone down here has it on the shelf.
Thanks. I might just do that. I'm only a little over two hours from Knoxville.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With the .357" hard cast bullets, my accuracy isn't the best I ever seen, but it pays off because there is almost no smoke, and the smoke you do get smells amazing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts