Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local gun shop yesterday and handled a Diamondback Db9 for the first time. It felt so nice in my hand, fit perfect in my pocket holster and concealed wonderful. The take down functionality was the same as my Glocks and I really had myself sold regardless of the negative press I read on the gun. Well I get home load the mag, rack the slide and FTF!! Oooo boy was I pissed. Took it apart, cleaned it, lubed it, and racked the slide a crap ton of times. Felt slightly smoother, loaded it, racked it FTF!!!!!

Now I wasn't limp wristing it and understand there needs to be a break in period on firearms like this. That said this needs to be a firearm I can stake my life on and it quickly lost my confidence. As I delved into reading up on the DB9 I became more and more disgruntled, as the complaints ranged from FTF's to broken slides and much more.

Well I call my LGS this morning and inform them that I was not happy with this purchase and to my surprise he said bring it in we will give you what you put in and you can use it towards something else. While I am unhappy with my purchase choice I am very happy with my gun shop, they have earned a customer for life.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Good on your LGS for letting you return it! Time to get an LC9 :)
I was there for about 2 hours yesterday and they had an LC9 when I walked in. I went to look at it while checking out the DB9 and it had just sold. It is on my list of possibilities thats for sure. But after an experience like this I may just go with a baby glock and call it a day.

·
finder of holes
186 Posts
I was there for about 2 hours yesterday and they had an LC9 when I walked in. I went to look at it while checking out the DB9 and it had just sold. It is on my list of possibilities thats for sure. But after an experience like this I may just go with a baby glock and call it a day.
Can't go wrong with a baby Glock

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think a Glock would be a wise choice anymore buying a Ruger is like buying a pig in a poke

·
Registered
644 Posts
I carry my Baby Glock on my ankle 40+ hours a week. Walking, running, hiking through mud, dirt, dust, water. Wipe it down once a week unless it actually rains here (does a couple times a year) or I have to go through some washes. Never had a problem with it, and it fires every time I ask it too and doesn't care what you feed it.

Not my favorite gun, but definately the most dependable under any circumstances.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I wonder if they've used that Diamondback Db9 as an upsell before? Sell it cheap to anyone. They don't want it. Bring it back for a full refund but they have to buy a more expensive one.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Better move quick! The southeast's largest Glock dealer is my LGS of choice. They have sold out of the 23s, 27s & 26s. Glock has told them they are back logged to end of March or early April of 2013.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I wonder if they've used that Diamondback Db9 as an upsell before? Sell it cheap to anyone. They don't want it. Bring it back for a full refund but they have to buy a more expensive one.
My thoughts as well.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Kinda sounds like book stores - how many books stores have closed in the past 5 or 10 years? Why is that? Primarily Internet sales, eBook readers I would think - and if the day comes when there are only two or three online sources for books and virtual no brick and mortar stores - then it would be possible for those very few sources to have a great deal of control over prices and availability of titles.

Similar trends with grocery stores and pharmacies and bakeries etc - ever dwindling numbers of independently owned examples.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts