Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope someone's awake at this hour. Going to a gunshow tomorrow and was thinking of buying a 10/22 takedown if i can find a good one.

I've read more than a few posts from disappointed buyers here. I'll be inspecting the rifle(s) closely but i sure could use some tips on what to look out for. Pictures would be great.

Hmmm, maybe I'll wait for some replies and go Sunday instead of going tomorrow.

When were these released to the marketplace? And is there any range of serial numbers I should just leave alone?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I've had a TD for about 4 months now. It is a fine rifle. It is fun to shoot, inexpensive, and accurate. I have had NO problems with function, fit, or finish. Ruger's claim that you can assemble, shoot, disassemble/assemble, shoot, and maintain a zero is confirmed. The only caveat is to cycle the action a few times before shooting your next string.

When these rifles were first released, the "rumor" was that some barrels/receivers wouldn't line up exactly when reassembled. That would be the only unusual thing I would look for.

Buy the rifle. It's a great gun!

Enjoy,

D.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice friendly forum you have here.

200 people read my question/request for help in buying a new rifle and one gentleman replies. Thank you cptpoly.

And of course thanks to the rest of you folks for sharing some of your knowledge with me. I'll be sure to pass it on next time someone asks me anything similar.

Yep, it's just great the way we "gun guys" stick together. Yessireee Bob!

%&%$#* ^& (@%&$&^ #%%@)&%$!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,806 Posts
mickey, With such a sarcastic post, I'm sure you will be flooded with responses. Mellow out or you won't be here long. This thread is closed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inspecting a 10/22 TD for purchase

Hello,

Experience has taught not to buy a "new" type of firearm or a "new" version of a firearm until it has been manufactured for at least a year and (hopefully) given the manufacturer some time to work the bugs out.

I'm thinking of breaking the rule. I really like takedowns (I've got a Browning SA22, a Marlin Golden 39A and one of the elusive Marlin 70PSS I was offered $350 for recently) and am thinking of getting a 10/22 TD.

Anyway, I've read a few posts here from disappointed buyers of the 10/22 TD. While these folks appear to be vastly outnumbered by satisfied owners, I still thought it would be prudent to ask the following question.

What should prospective buyers of the 10/22 TD looking for in terms of proper fit and finsih and so forth when inspecting one of these rifles before purchase?

I'll be sure to inspect the rifle closely before accepting it at the dealers, but I could use some tips on what to look out for. Pictures would be great.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.