Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any opinions on the Corbon Pow'rball 100 gr 9mm round? It flies pretty fast, but I've never used a 100 gr bullet before, and I just want to be sure I didn't waste money on it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I shot some 45acp, never bought another box. Did some test at my range out back. One i recovered was flat as a pancake and didnt retain weight very well. Now i use Critical Duty, that is some good SD ammo

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. My SR9 certainly does not have feeding issues, but I think I was hooked by the 1475 fps... Oh well, everywhere I've read, that round tends to separate from the jacket as it's not bonded. It might be ok for my apartment in that it probably won't over penetrate, but I was hoping it would be equal to, or better than the Hornady rounds with the flex tip

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm on cell phone for a couple if days and can't get the videos. Did you substitute powder or are those the manufacturers loads?

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I shot some 100gr PowrBalls from my LCR 38sp and they had some pretty stout recoil. I only shot one cylinder full each range session, and everyone at the (indoor) range stopped and looked when I fired. They were loud and really woke you up.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The main advantage to the Pow'rball is that is is supposed to expand if after penetrating heavy clothing. Also, as previously stated, will help with older designs that dont work well with other than a fmj profile bullet. If a round doesnt feed, time to use other ammo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts