Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Gents.

I don't own a gun and i don't have a problem with people that do.
I love racing cars(at the track and autocross). I know cars kill a lot of people but people don't vilify me because of my passion.

I also like collecting model aircrafts, i used to fly my uncle's Cessna 172.
Here's the problem, the one site i go to that's dedicated to collecting model aircrafts has mostly European mods.

They told us that they won't tolerate discussions of politics and religions which is fine but in reality anything Pro-Gun or Pro-Christian is taken down.
Anti-gun, Pro-Muslim talk is encouraged.

I thought liberal were all about free speech and I used to lean liberal.

Please don't take my word for it, go post anything Pro-gun and see what happens. Most Amercans on the site dont post anymore. :(

The few Muslim members will get anyone who criticize radical Islam banned but criticizing the USA is ok.

One mods said He was so lucky he doesn't live in America. He's French so i told him if he was one of the victims of the Terrorist Attacks in Paris He would've wished he had a gun.

They took down my post and handed me a ban.

I mean what do i do?

Thanks

The post in question that i replied to.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant;
it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Regan

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Andrew, "liberals" are in favor of free speech and generally believe that people should be allowed to do as they like, so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

What has happened is that Progressives have co-opted the "liberal" label because progressivism got such a bad name in the early part of the 20th century. Progressives believe that there is one "correct" way to act and think and are dedicated to getting the entire world to act and think that way. Progressives can be spotted by their "progressive" approach to "correcting" people who think or act in the "wrong" way:

1. Conversation. They say they want to have a "conversation" about a topic when, in fact, they want for you to listen to them lecture; your input is neither desired nor tolerated.
  2. Education. They say that if only people understood the issues, they would agree with the Progressive position. In this way, people who disagree are labeled as "ignorant" or, if they persist despite "conversation" and "education", they are "stupid" or even "evil".
  3. Shaming. If you can't be educated, the you must be shamed into compliance with their beliefs. Shaming sometimes takes the form of threats or even violence, but those who threaten or commit violence in the name of Progressive beliefs are never criminals, they are simply "frustrated" or "provoked" by the stupidity or evil of those who won't believe.
  4. Legislation. Once Progressives get sufficient power, they pass laws that make it illegal to make non-Progressive choices. This doesn't mean your freedom to choose is taken away - Oh, no! - it simply means that you can choose from a list of approved Progressive choices.

In reality, Progressives are all about rigidly controlling the population so that only "good" thoughts and actions are possible. They believe that they have all the answers, so there's no need for you to do any thinking.

I hope this helps you to understand what is happening.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andrew, "liberals" are in favor of free speech and generally believe that people should be allowed to do as they like, so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

What has happened is that Progressives have co-opted the "liberal" label because progressivism got such a bad name in the early part of the 20th century. Progressives believe that there is one "correct" way to act and think and are dedicated to getting the entire world to act and think that way. Progressives can be spotted by their "progressive" approach to "correcting" people who think or act in the "wrong" way:

1. Conversation. They say they want to have a "conversation" about a topic when, in fact, they want for you to listen to them lecture; your input is neither desired nor tolerated.
  2. Education. They say that if only people understood the issues, they would agree with the Progressive position. In this way, people who disagree are labeled as "ignorant" or, if they persist despite "conversation" and "education", they are "stupid" or even "evil".
  3. Shaming. If you can't be educated, the you must be shamed into compliance with their beliefs. Shaming sometimes takes the form of threats or even violence, but those who threaten or commit violence in the name of Progressive beliefs are never criminals, they are simply "frustrated" or "provoked" by the stupidity or evil of those who won't believe.
  4. Legislation. Once Progressives get sufficient power, they pass laws that make it illegal to make non-Progressive choices. This doesn't mean your freedom to choose is taken away - Oh, no! - it simply means that you can choose from a list of approved Progressive choices.

In reality, Progressives are all about rigidly controlling the population so that only "good" thoughts and actions are possible. They believe that they have all the answers, so there's no need for you to do any thinking.

I hope this helps you to understand what is happening.

Jim

Thanks.

I might have to copy and paste this...:)

·
Banned
365 Posts
Remind "Frenchie" that if it wasn't for the U.S. MILITARY in WW I and WW II, his *** could be under German control. Might also remind him that thanks to that same U.S. military, under NATO control, France and the rest of Western Europe isn't under the control of the former Soviet Union.

Might also want to add the running joke I heard about the French military. I heard that a white handkerchief is a required part of their uniform, so they can surrender easily when under attack. I also heard that their military uses only single shot rifles, and their battle cry is "Shoot once, then surrender".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts