Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i went to the range and shot my 38/357 vaquero among other guns.
i had a first, although at the 5 yd. distance. i loaded six rounds, i shoot with two hands and cock with left thumb (i shoot right hand) let loose six shots in quick order and although i have no pictures to prove it i put all six 1/4 inch right of the bull with some touching the bull, creating a ragged hole you could cover with a half dollar.
this is not my usual six shot group the size of my head.

good for me:eek:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Congrats! Snap a pic next time! Cuz, you know, it didn't happen without pics!
A photo only shows that the hole exist and what size it is - not how it got there.

You need a video.

With my SR1911 I had a range trip where at about 10 feet the first shot on a target with a bullseye about 1" in diameter I drilled it - the bullet hole was maybe 1 mm off center - I should have snapped a photo just as a reminder.

At a recent practice session I set up a Texas Star and should have videoed the first attempt - 5 hits in 5 shots - not super fast - but pretty quick. The second attempt I completely missed the first 4 out of 5 shots - and I think the best I did the rest of the hour or so I spent running the star was 4 out of 5 using a S&W 357 revolver in single action. I suppose I should have run it every time with the gun I actually use in competition but I wanted to se how each of several different guns would handle it.

·
Administrator
22,148 Posts
Breathing, sight alignment, squeeze, and surprise. Repeat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
What we are really talking about is the power of the human mind.
To be able to guide a projectile traveling at 800fps
Has the trajectory of a rainbow slowing down all along the way
And your mind can "know" how to hold the machine so the bullet will hit exactly where you intended it to.....
It takes a powerful computer just to do the math. And then ya gotta go three or four digits past the decimal point to make it work.
Yet Humans can do this consistently.
Some can place a projectile accurately with a rifle at 1000 yards.
The mechanics of shooting accurately is an incredible human achievement.
We do it all the time. Not ever knowing how much precision our minds are using to actually do it.
And people say there is no God....

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
It didn't happen without pics!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I have a simpler way...I hang the target (a blank white piece of paper) at about 4 feet...I shoot the target and normally get a clover leaf..then I carefully draw a bullseye and rings around the group with a quality pen...works great!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts