Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I declare it my favorite 1911 of all tiime. Accurate, no jams, bobbles, nothing. I have taken it apart twice, and to my non-machinist non-gunsmith eyes and hands, the parts seem of superior quality than my other 1911's. Awesome. Within that 300 rounds was about 75 hollowpoints of various manufacture. This is getting close to being my new carry gun.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Over 2000 through mine since early september. Not even a hiccup! Hardball, cast roundnose and swc's also some keith 45 auto rim cast bullets! A real champ!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
As a current owner of the SR at the time, I knew you would feel this way.
One of, if not, my favourite.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
The only issue I have with mine is I don't have one. None of the stores around here ever have it in stock. Yours looks to be a real beaut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cannot wait to get this! I just put an order in for it at my local shop due to them not being able to keep it in stock!
This will be my 2nd Ruger. My 1st being the GP100 and love it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
$700 or and you can have one next week

I bought mine unfired but secondhand a couple months ago. I'm about 400 rounds downrange with it now and the only problems I have so far are :

1) As stated above, I keep running out of ammo.

2) My wife likes it about as much as I do.

3) I can't figure out what graphics I'm going to put on my custom grips.

Here's a link to one on gunbroker with a buy it now of $655.

Ruger sr1911 1911 6700 45 ap SS 45 acp NIB new : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have been waiting for my uncle to get another in his shop (He will sell it to me at cost) but they seem to be hard to get

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
If I were into 1911s, the Ruger is the one I'd buy.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Great Gun , 1000+ not one problem !!
My kimber snob Buddies even want one !!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Same, here. My SR1991 has been as good as it gets in a 1911 for reliability, not to mention being one of the most comfortable 1911s I've shot. Scary how easy it is to burn up ammo with the SR. Be the last gun I would ever sell.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Great Gun , 1000+ not one problem !!
My kimber snob Buddies even want one !!
I inquired about one last week at a LGS and my request was promptly dismissed -- they are Kimber snobs. Asked if they would order one or source one and they declined! Sheesh. I guess the pre-election fear mongering has these gun shops fat dumb and happy. I shop local and ignore WalMart and big boxes almost always. Happy to buy online instead -- screw this LGS.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Work has really kept me from the range lately but so far since early October I've put 200 rounds of 230 gr. FMJ. I'll be off around Thanksgiving time and I have 300 more rounds waiting to go.

The only problem I've had so far with my SR is it keeps running out of ammo! :D

Anybody else been having the same problem with yours?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
:cool: Congrats on your first 300 rounds. Remember it...that first day with your new SR1911 is special! :D
I fired all of 20 rounds through my brand new (today) SR1911. I love it. I was not in a position to buy one yet, but when my LGS called last Saturday and said one would be in on Wednesday I found a way to scrape the cash together.

I just posted a range report on my special day with my new baby.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts