Ruger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks! Will do.

I crossed the threshold of my fundraiser today. I'll order the ATV next week.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sunday, June 8. Midnight. I put the Quake Claw sling back on the 10/22 African style.
Left shoulder carry barrel down. Can get it into firing position in less than a sec.
Going to put the other sling with sticky screws onto the scabbard.

·
Registered
196 Posts
... in a frustrating twist of fate, I couldn't bring it home.

Why? My driver's license expired last summer on my birthday. I don't own a car and have moved since last renewal, so I didn't get the renewal form in the mail and just wasn't paying attention.

So I had to leave it at the shop. I went ahead and paid my dealer for it -- no need making him wait. But couldn't bring it home.

And now I have to wait a week -- until next Wednesday -- when the satellite branch of the state DMV opens again in my town. (Twice a month, two days only -- such is life in rural Maine.)

Color me super bummed!

But at least I got a chance to look it over, fondle it a bit. First thing that stood out for me: those fiber optic sights. Even in the shop, they really glowed.

I wonder how I'll do with that short LOP, but in winter, with extra clothing on, it'll be fine. And the stock is modular, so I may add some length later, or even better, a Hogue overmolded full size stock.
What did people do in 1782that did no have a Drivers License. Is there a provision in the Law the Constitution, that said in 1968 forward you gotta prove you are alive?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts