Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics. The first is before. Pics could be better. :(

Here's after.

They are better, but I think I'm goingto go with some after markets.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been painting mine for years on all my handguns and most of my iron-sighted rifles. Can't see them otherwise. My colors are pretty much the same as yours, green in back and red/orange up front.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Job well done! What did you use to paint them with? I need to touch up the sights on my PT92. It's a great gun but the sites on my particular pistol weren't done well at the factory.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Job well done! What did you use to paint them with? I need to touch up the sights on my PT92. It's a great gun but the sites on my particular pistol weren't done well at the factory.
I used Apple Barrel paint from Michael's craft store. It's green and Orange glow in the dark. It's .99 per color and I have enough to paint a million sites. I guess I need more guns. :D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I used Apple Barrel paint from Michael's craft store. It's green and Orange glow in the dark. It's .99 per color and I have enough to paint a million sites. I guess I need more guns. :D
Thanks Bountyhunter. :D I love my XD 45 Tactical also. I definitely want to add the 9mm Tactical and 9mm Subcompact later on as well. Think you'll add anymore of the XD line to your collection?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bountyhunter. :D I love my XD 45 Tactical also. I definitely want to add the 9mm Tactical and 9mm Subcompact later on as well. Think you'll add anymore of the XD line to your collection?

I might. I've been thinking about a compact for carry, but it's not high on my list right now. I do love the XD though. :D

·
Banned
723 Posts
I've been painting my sights for years, started with WhiteOut on the Revolvers.

Now I'm using a luminous paint from WalMart that cost about $5 for a pint. I have enough to do more guns than I can buy in five lifetimes. :) All my "bottomfeeders" (three of them) have Night Sights. My GP100 was modified and we put a Hi-Viz S&W Front Sight on it. The dang thing glows like a neon beacon. :D The other Revolvers, except the Colts have painted Front Sights.

Good job on your sights, I'll bet they work well.

Biker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts