Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Allen Ruger 10/22 Rifle Sling W/Swivels-27838 on eBay and the close-up pictures were terrible.

I am wondering now if I can make a one arm loop sling out of this sling?
If I can't, can it be modified to do that?

I purchased online because my local gun store must be feeding a heavy meth habit, if they want me to shell out nearly 40% of the value of my rifle on a gun sling from their store!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I just purchased the Allen Ruger 10/22 Rifle Sling W/Swivels-27838 on eBay and the close-up pictures were terrible.

I am wondering now if I can make a one arm loop sling out of this sling?
If I can't, can it be modified to do that?

I purchased online because my local gun store must be feeding a heavy meth habit, if they want me to shell out nearly 40% of the value of my rifle on a gun sling from their store!
Not sure what you want to do with your sling. Looked at it on line and it is pretty much a standard sling. Please elaborate a little more what you want to do with it. Are you trying to use it as a single point sling like a sling on an AR type rifle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what you want to do with your sling. Looked at it on line and it is pretty much a standard sling. Please elaborate a little more what you want to do with it. Are you trying to use it as a single point sling like a sling on an AR type rifle?
Yes, I would like to practice the loop sling - one arm with strap snug to your upper arm. Just to add some variation to the hasty. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Might try a Google search for a single point mount sling for a Ruger 10-22 and see if anything comes up. I am not aware of any but that does not mean they do not exist. There are different stocks for the 10-22 available to make it look like an AR type rifle but they can get pretty pricey, sometimes the stock costs as much as the original 10-22.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not looking to change the stock of my 10/22. All I'm asking is if this gun sling can also do a one arm loop sling with it besides a hasty.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,490 Posts
Deadfish, you will need to buy a loop sling for what you want. Most slings sold today are simple carry straps . You'll probably want leather with the sliding loop to sling up tight to your arm like with a battle rifle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts