Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the archives on AR15, and I saw a post that had me laughing so hard, I got in trouble at work.

The thread was talking about parts for 1911's and why they all have to be fitted to some degree or another.

So someone starts asking why it's any different than say a glock. Like why 99% of their parts just "drop in".

Then, some guy chimes in, "Glock should make a 1911!"

Now I'm not Glock bashing here (quite a bit of respect for them actually)

...but the thought of Glock making a 1911 made me laugh.

I feel like that's the equivilant to saying, "Smart Car should totally make a corvette!"

I mean sure it's efficient.....and....well....yeah, its efficient. :p

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Lol! Good story. It made me laugh! :D

I like it when I see a business like "Quality Furniture" or someone advertises "We have quality service." The word "quality" needs an adjective, you know a descriptive word, in front of it, like "crappy quality, good quality, finest quality."

I hope you liked this quality post. :p

I was browsing the archives on AR15, and I saw a post that had me laughing so hard, I got in trouble at work.

The thread was talking about parts for 1911's and why they all have to be fitted to some degree or another.

So someone starts asking why it's any different than say a glock. Like why 99% of their parts just "drop in".

Then, some guy chimes in, "Glock should make a 1911!"

Now I'm not Glock bashing here (quite a bit of respect for them actually)

...but the thought of Glock making a 1911 made me laugh.

I feel like that's the equivilant to saying, "Smart Car should totally make a corvette!"

I mean sure it's efficient.....and....well....yeah, its efficient. :p

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would totally buy a 1911 by Smart Car. :) I need a good pocket 1911. ;)

And hmm....I smell photoshop. lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
If Glock made a single-stack 45 that took 1911 magazines, I buy one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who am I kidding...I prolly would too... But damned if I wouldn't pick on myself later for it. :p

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
How about a revolver.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts