Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a ruger bx trigger for 50 bucks of a guy from armslist. It looked clean and new in an unsealead rugger package..i waited about a month ( today) to install in my 10/22 takedown.. i dry fired it and it feels heavier than the stock one..im thinking maybe this guy packaged up a stock trigger in the bx package and sold it to me..is there any way to deterime if its stock or a bx?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks exactly like it should..in ruger plastic package..it has the grey housing over trigger with the ruger bx lettering like one pictured..but if you take it out of the grey housing, is there any difference between the stock and bx?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But back to the subject, has anyone bought a bx trigger? Was the plastic packaging sealed with tape? Does it say bx trigger on the actually trigger assembly ( not gray firing/retaining block/ housing)? Any way to visually distinguish between the stock trigger and bx? Is there something on install that could have went wrong? It functions , just feels like the stock one.. maybe half pound heaverier than stock

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Lonnie, why don't you call Ruger CS? If you're not happy with the trigger, I suspect they might just tell you to send it in and they'll send you a new one.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Lonnie, why don't you call Ruger CS? If you're not happy with the trigger, I suspect they might just tell you to send it in and they'll send you a new one.
This ^^^^.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I 2nd Call Ruger. Welcome from NH.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just looked at my BX trigger. The package was sealed, no tape. No markings on the assembly itself. My BX had slightly less pull weight, but was also slightly smoother. Finally, I sent the stock trigger to Brimstone for their magic. It came back with a weight of 2.25 pounds, clean break and reset and very smooth. Unbelievably, better! Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
In my experience factory 10/22 triggers are VERY inconsistent and poorly made. So the fact that you bought a "supposedly" BETTER trigger and it is not.......is no surprise. The BX is very unimpressive to me. Every one I have felt was just a different range of terrible as compared to a stock one

When it comes to triggers "good" is a relative term and boils down to what you are used to. Having a background in very accurate long range rifles, to me a "good" trigger is a Jewel, Jard, Canjar, etc. So when I see people say their stock 10/22 trigger is pretty good or even good, tells me they have never had a rifle with a REAL good trigger. We see some rave about the BX trigger........so it's all relative. But if you truly want a GOOD trigger for your 10/22, forget the factory stuff and buy a Kidd, Volquartsen, Swampfox, Brimstone etc

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have none experience with the BX or Brimstone. I tired a Volquartsen hammer, better than factory but not by much. I have single stage and two stage Kidds. Single stage has no take up, super clean break at 1.5 lbs and resets great. Two stage is awesome, 3 oz on the first stage and 3 on the second. Two stage is pricey and unless your a serious benchrest shooter, I don't recommend you get one. Single stage is just such a clean break, just like a glass rod breaking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So i bought a ruger bx trigger for 50 bucks of a guy from armslist. It looked clean and new in an unsealead rugger package..i waited about a month ( today) to install in my 10/22 takedown.. i dry fired it and it feels heavier than the stock one..im thinking maybe this guy packaged up a stock trigger in the bx package and sold it to me..is there any way to deterime if its stock or a bx?
Wassup Lon! I'm curious to hear the end of this suspicious story as it runs it's course. If Ruger cannot resolve the issue for you directly with a trigger assembly that suits your needs I'd suggest biting the bullet and restarting from scratch with one of the solutions offered by Brimstone or Clark Custom.

~ Doc

P.S. I know that dry firing the 10/22 is debatable but I would caution you to avoid it as much as possible, or at least cover your butt with snap caps if you must.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts