Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the strangest dream last night,,even for me. I've read that dreams are the result of synapses in your brain sort of letting go all of a sudden and things get all jumbled up...which is about the only explanation for this doozy...

I dreamed that I was at the gun range in Wichita Falls and I was looking at a guy's rifle, it was a Ruger M-77 RSI in 22-250 and he had cut the stock off and was telling everyone it was his "mare's leg". Every time someone tried to tell him that it was illegal and stupid he would grab it and shoot a round downrange.

What's the verdict, am I nutz?

·
"The Real Deal"
7,614 Posts
Well, its funny you remember it was a 22-250. Think the strangest dream i have had is being pursued by an aggressor with a gun, me unloading a full magazine at them and it has no effect, then I am like I know I do not miss. Never have figured that one out.:confused:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 22-250 thing struck me as funny also. I've never owned one...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
sometimes I still dream about my first true love. 1968 Dodge Charger 383 four speed with chrome reversed wheels. hunter green inside and out. bought her with less than 10,000 on the clock for two thousand obamabucks in 1969. wish she were still mine!

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
Naw you're alright. If it had been a .204 Ruger then I'd worry about you. ;)

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
I had the strangest dream last night,,even for me. I've read that dreams are the result of synapses in your brain sort of letting go all of a sudden and things get all jumbled up...which is about the only explanation for this doozy...

I dreamed that I was at the gun range in Wichita Falls and I was looking at a guy's rifle, it was a Ruger M-77 RSI in 22-250 and he had cut the stock off and was telling everyone it was his "mare's leg". Every time someone tried to tell him that it was illegal and stupid he would grab it and shoot a round downrange.

What's the verdict, am I nutz?
Nope, you're not nutz. My gun dream is that I am trying to shoot a bad guy with my Colt Detective Special and the trigger won't pull no matter how hard I try. It's like it's welded in that position.:eek:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Nope, you're not nutz. My gun dream is that I am trying to shoot a bad guy with my Colt Detective Special and the trigger won't pull no matter how hard I try. It's like it's welded in that position.:eek:
I would think in both cases it is very simply a legitimate concern that in a defensive situation that despite your best effort to stop the bad guy it may not be enough.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
I very rarely remember my dreams when I wake up, but the gun dreams I have remembered always seemed to involve me needing to shoot a gun, but the gun never firing even though a round was chambered.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I wish that was the extent of my dreams lately.....

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Your not crazy, strange but not crazy.;) at least you dream about guns.MY recurring dream is I can never find where I parked 1 of my old car's. Used to have Savage 22-250, Simmons scope. Good varmint round.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a dream a while back where I was chasing a gang of Iranian terrorists. They were driving a '57 Rambler equipped with dual .50 caliber machine guns firing out the front. I was equipped with roller skates and a glass squirt gun filled with acid.

I spent most of the dream hanging on to the rear end of the moving Rambler while simultaneously trying to get to a good position to use my squirt gun and avoiding the occasional terrorist who would lean out a window to take potshots at me.

I've also spent entire weeks building on one dream before.

For example I once had a series of dreams about designing and building a totally self contained house (everything you needed to live could be produced/recycled within the house, from foodstuffs, to potable water, to the very air you breathed). I spent an entire week dreaming about designing, building, testing, balancing, and tweaking the septic system. (In defense of this, the septic system would be the most important system in a self contained environment, as water, oxygen, power, and food either can be or must be products of this system.)
I actually believe that if I had the 1 to 5 billion dollars it would take to build the house I dreampt up it would work in reality.

I also had a series of dreams where I built my own government (I was a benevolent dictator). In this series of dreams I spent 5 days dreaming just about setting up the penile system. (hee hee I wrote penile).

Most of the time I don't remember my dreams much past waking up though.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,416 Posts
I dreamed about a lot of things but not guns :confused:

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
The gun iwth a curdown stock would be okay as long as 26 inch overall, but it is an interesting dream. No you are not nuts. I ran a company called Fountains of Wayne in northern New Jersey for years. Music buffs the group took the name form us not reversed. Anyway we sold garden ponds and I dreamed Godzilla came in and purchased one. I do not know if he used yen or dollars but that is a strange one.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I don't recall having any "gun dream" since getting out of the Army.

But some are pretty weird and hard to explain where they come from.

About 20 years ago, I had a dream where I was sitting in the front yard, and Shania Twain was sitting on my lap with her arm around me. :p

The weird part,,, I NEVER listened to her music or paid much attention to her at all.
I am more of a Johnny/Waylon/Merle kinda guy.
My wife however, for some reason, absolutely hated Shania Twain, and would make comments anytime she came on the radio.
The only mistake I made was telling my wife about the dream.. BOY WAS SHE PISSED. HAHA. :D

·
"The Real Deal"
7,614 Posts
I don't recall having any "gun dream" since getting out of the Army.

But some are pretty weird and hard to explain where they come from.

About 20 years ago, I had a dream where I was sitting in the front yard, and Shania Twain was sitting on my lap with her arm around me. :p

The weird part,,, I NEVER listened to her music or paid much attention to her at all.
I am more of a Johnny/Waylon/Merle kinda guy.
My wife however, for some reason, absolutely hated Shania Twain, and would make comments anytime she came on the radio.
The only mistake I made was telling my wife about the dream.. BOY WAS SHE PISSED. HAHA. :D
Thats a good one, I had a similiar situation involving Jenny McCarthy from maybe 1994, 1995 time frame. Thats also why the poster I have is hanging in my shop, its not allowed in the house.:D My buddies approve though. ;)

Here is the link to the poster I have in my shop, still a looker...

jenny mccarthy poster - Bing images

·
Banned
365 Posts
I've been having this recurring dream that Hillary is indicted, tried, and convicted in the E-mail scandal. Now if that one would just come true......:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts