Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just couldn't help myself. Bought this one today. Got it for close to a hundred dollors cheaper than a new one I just seen. It is clean as a whistle, with two sets of grips. The Hogues have been sanded down, but they feel pretty dern good! Got to go shoot here in a little bit!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Great Gun! Cant go wrong buying that, you have too many guns now Tim! You may have to ship that up to me lol! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Your grandson is going thank you one day for that gun. You just can't go wrong with a GP-100. That wii become a family heirloom.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
You're making me think I need one to go with my Security Six! Nice gun Tim. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shot it today, fellas, and it shoots just great. Likes 158 gr SWC better than 125 JHP. It is funny, I got 3 .357s, and my OM Blackhawk loves the 125 gr JHP and hates the lead 158 gr SWC, my 50th Anniversary Flattop likes em both about equal, and the GP likes the lead one better. Just goes to show that each gun is different in its likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I usually buy used over new, just like you did. It's like a car, the first owner pays the new premium and I get to buy it at the best price. By being aware of the points to look for in unusual wear & tear, you can make some great buys. My 4" GP likes the 158gr LSWC best also. I have the same hogue grips, they could almost be twins! Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
SHARP!!!! Tell me about sanding rubber grips-I can't find finger-grooved ones that fit my hand-would love to remove them---how?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

SHARP!!!! Tell me about sanding rubber grips-I can't find finger-grooved ones that fit my hand-would love to remove them---how?
Well, I didn't sand em, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Lady at Pachy told me I'd ruin them if I tried to sand the ridges off a Gripper---I may try after all...

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Nice find, a great gun at a good price just makes life so sweet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts