Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealers contact at Lipseys told me Ruger accidentally shipped .454s in .480 boxes so lipseys sent them back, guess I will be waiting a bit more

·
Registered
89 Posts
The dealers contact at Lipseys told me Ruger accidentally shipped .454s in .480 boxes so lipseys sent them back, guess I will be waiting a bit more
Yup... Got told the same thing by the special order fella at my gun shop. I have one on order with them and he told me this was a delay. Oh well. Guess we just need to hurry up and wait.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Odd caliber. A friend game me a bunch of .480 rounds to dispose of up here and I can't find anyone to give them away to despite a lot of advertising. I'd stick with something that you can find in any bush dry goods store.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
I'd stick with something that you can find in any bush dry goods store.
If you are a reloader, it doesn't matter :) . Rolling your own makes a 'world' of difference on what you own and shoot. Even my .45 Colt and .44 Special wouldn't be as 'attractive' if I had to use just factory ammo.... Cost wise and availability wise. With factory, I'd probably be stuck with .357/.38/9mm and occasional .44Mag.... As for the .480, I won't get one because, I don't see an application for it here in the states other than bragging rights .... But that's just me :eek: because really ... there doesn't 'have' to be reason sometimes ;) .

·
Banned
650 Posts
You will get one soon. QC at Ruger must be going to hell. Got the wrong guns in the boxes ? WTH? The boxes have a serial number on them. Drug tests for everyone!

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you are a reloader, it doesn't matter :)
Sometimes it does matter, such as when "stoopid" TSA agents pass your handgun along on a flight checked baggage but confiscate the ammo. Been known to happen. Of in instances of you run out, and don't have any. .44 Remington Magnum is widely available almost anywhere, so that's just a consideration.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sometimes it does matter, such as when "stoopid" TSA agents pass your handgun along on a flight checked baggage but confiscate the ammo. Been known to happen. Of in instances of you run out, and don't have any. .44 Remington Magnum is widely available almost anywhere, so that's just a consideration.
That's an extreme example, that would never affect about 99% of 480 reloaders.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's an extreme example, ....
It is an extreme example, but it only has to happen once on the most important trip of your life. But the same can be said of any less-than-common caliber.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So a month has passed since the wrong box debacle and still not a peep from anyone anywhwere, how damn long does it take to get new boxes? I'm thinking the problem may have been more involved
Now I just want one all the more
Any news? Anyone?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts