Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That be cool!!! Not 2K cool, but wait awhile..you'll find one used...my neighbor this afternoon who's 41 showed me a Winchester Teddy Roosevelt commemorative with engraving and a medallion in the stock...looked like a nickeled receiver-standard loop-hex barrel...his dad gave it to him when he was 8 years old-got his first deer with it---said it'd be worth 3x if he hadn't fired it...I told him "Yeah, but you wouldn't have the memories"...he just smiled...the gun had been used lovingly!

·
Registered
842 Posts
That's just a bit(a great big bit)out of my price range. As far as shooting a gun, I know collectors think differently but I'm strictly a shooter I'd go nuts having just about any kind of firearm I couldn't at least fire occasionally. But maybe that's just me:)
Baker

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
If they had an 'el cheapo' version of that I'd buy it in a minute!

·
Registered
346 Posts
The 'el cheapo' version is a Rossi.

As for the Miroku commemorative I wouldn't touch one. And I'll bet old J.W. would take one look at the rebounding hammer and tang safety, throw the thing on the ground, then pull his trusty old beater Win 92 out and go shooting.

Joe

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
When the Buffalo Bill Commemorative came out I was working at for a man that owned a Hardware Store. I had him order one for me and gave it to my Dad. He hunted and killed Deer with it, and said he wanted my Son to have it when he died. My son now has it and it has been well cared for and looks almost new. Nothing like handing down a good gun to Grandkids. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts