That's really cool. I'd LOVE one.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I want, I want, always I want..... :D :D :D

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Yep the Royal Marine Commandos developed them originally as a silent shortrange .45 cal rifle to take out sentrys etc for coastal raiding Nazi occupied france in the 1940s,they are as "Commando" as a Fairbairn-Sykes dagger.They were constructed from a Lee Enfield rifle heres a link.
De Lisle carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Darn you why did you post that video? I collect pistol cal carbines, did not know this existed, now I want one and I know I will never have one.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep the Royal Marine Commandos developed them originally as a silent shortrange .45 cal rifle to take out sentrys etc for coastal raiding Nazi occupied france in the 1940s,they are as "Commando" as a Fairbairn-Sykes dagger.They were constructed from a Lee Enfield rifle heres a link.
De Lisle carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for the link!

Darn you why did you post that video? I collect pistol cal carbines, did not know this existed, now I want one and I know I will never have one.
I'd never heard of them before either, but if I had to choose between that and a functional full auto Thompson Tommy gun, I'd choose the De Lisle. It's one of the coolest guns I've ever seen!

More likely (but still will probably never happen) is a Kriss.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just sent an email to Special Interest Arms. They make replicas of these for states that allow silencers, of which AZ is one. I asked them what one would cost. I know there're two stamps that need to be purchased, too. A carbine (short barrel) stamp and a silencer stamp. I'll let you know what I hear back from them.

Special Interest Arms - Contact*Us

EDIT: I just found this page which lists their price at $2,250.

Major HMMM!!!

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I'd never heard about, nor seen one till your post. I love seeing new guns. Thanks.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone is serious about buying a De Lisle replica, the maker is going to be at the upcoming Phoenix Gun Show on 11/30 - 12/2. He's going to have one for sale with him. If there was any way I could buy it now, I wouldn't be telling you guys about this! :D But I can't until next year, so go for it. He expects it to be sold the morning of the first day, so get there early. And if you get it, I want to see pics!

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anyone is going to the upcoming Phoenix Gun Show, this gun will be available for sale there. The price is $2,250. The dealer will be in the SAR area. I am going to try my best to see it, but can't afford it until next year.

BTW - this isn't an exact replica. According to their website, the barrel is legal length, so you don't need a short barrel carbine stamp, but from the outward appearance, it looks the same. It still requires a silencer stamp and for silencers to be legal in your state. They've improved the bolt so that it can't be accidentally closed and modified it to take standard 1911 mags!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That is so cool. An awesome idea, a silenced .45. Perfect for taking out a sentry. Much better than sneaking up on them and trying an Austin Powers judo chop.
Seriously, I want one.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is so cool. An awesome idea, a silenced .45. Perfect for taking out a sentry. Much better than sneaking up on them and trying an Austin Powers judo chop.
Seriously, I want one.
I plan on getting one next spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts