·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...badly.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I got a MK2 just like it. Very fun gun, and I find myself shooting it more and more as ammo prices go up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's a good price for a new KMKIII512?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,480 Posts
Ruger's MSRP is $512 for the KMKIII512 (almost a buck an inch). You can usually find them for $100 less than MSRP. In my area, used ones bring about the same price as new ones. These are excellent pistols. I set mine up for a Millett red dot, a 2X scope, and of course the great factory iron sights. Additionally, I installed a set of Hogue rubber grips for better traction.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a new one on GunBroker with a "Buy Now" price of $400. Should be able to get one for a few dollars less than that, I think.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
There's a new one on GunBroker with a "Buy Now" price of $400. Should be able to get one for a few dollars less than that, I think.
I think that's a little high... the top of the line, Mark III Hunter is $425 new on gunbroker. Keep looking you should be able to find them in the $325-350 range pretty easily.

I love these too, and have 8 of them! Still looking for my KMK10.... I know I can pay top dollar for one, but I'm being patient, and looking for the right deal...

Be sure to let us know when and what ya get! (love to see pics too!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stop dreamin' and start savin' and spendin' Bestseller. You're gonna love that gun.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have two Single Sixes that I love, and used to have a standard model Mk II that I shot VERY well (well, for me anyway -- quarter sized off hand groups at 15-20 yards).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's my slightly modded KMK512, amazes me every time I shoot it.
Tweek- can you explain the knurled brass pieces on the bottom of your mags? What are the pieces, and how are they fastened onto the base plate?

I presume they're to give you a better grip when pulling the mag out while using the Volquartsen grips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tweek- can you explain the knurled brass pieces on the bottom of your mags? What are the pieces, and how are they fastened onto the base plate?

I presume they're to give you a better grip when pulling the mag out while using the Volquartsen grips.

Uncle Howie,
Where did you get that pistol bag? I'm looking for another one for my range bag.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's my slightly modded KMK512, amazes me every time I shoot it.

Sorry...I originally sent this to the wrong person.

Tweek,
Where did you get that pistol bag? I'm looking for another one for my range bag.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd like the answer on the Magazine extentions too..
I know from experience with the VQ Grips that the mags are tougher to remove with these grips & magazine release lever is also harder to opperate..

I found some similar range zipper pouches @ the gunshow cheap, They are made by NcStar, Google NcStar Case..
They fit in my range bag like they were made for it..

·
Ed Mann
411 Posts
Ruger's MSRP is $512 for the KMKIII512 (almost a buck an inch). You can usually find them for $100 less than MSRP.
Local dealer has the 22/45 stainless version for $339 - still had 4 at this price 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ruger's MSRP is $512 for the KMKIII512 (almost a buck an inch). You can usually find them for $100 less than MSRP. In my area, used ones bring about the same price as new ones. These are excellent pistols. I set mine up for a Millett red dot, a 2X scope, and of course the great factory iron sights. Additionally, I installed a set of Hogue rubber grips for better traction.

I love that Hogue grip. I tried to get one for the MkIII-512, Target, 5.5" bull barrel model I got at J&G Sales but all they had were MKII grips and told me the two arn't interchangeable. I went on hogue grips web site and they had a catagory for hogue grips for MKII and MKIII but when you click on the link it only shows MKII grips. Does anybody have a source for the grips as shown in the pic. here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or are the two patterns interchangeable? Thanks, mohawk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts